2 14.29%
  • Only if (something else)

1 7.14%
  • No

7 50.00%
  • Not even interested

2 14.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Studio Series Shatter (car type)

Both her and Dropkick, and VW Bumblebee to a degree, really sully the 'Studio Series' brand for me. Nearly every other release in Studio Series is an exercise in attempting to make the perfect (mass retail) version of the movie characters. They're not always perfect toys, but damn if they don't generally nail the look of the robot modes.

But these guys...man. So inaccurate. They just needed to hold off and release these a year later. If they were desperate to get something on to the shelves then they should have just focused on the simpler kid toys and left the adult collectibles till later.

She's not as bad as Dropkick for screen inaccuracy, but that robot mode head is inexcusable. Such a missed opportunity.

Also, I notice that a lot of people have her knees fully extended for bot mode, which makes the long-leg problem much worse. Looks better (to me) with the knees compacted down into a standard movie Con 'goat' stance. It seems to be intended to go that way since that joint movement has no transformation function.

Got around finally to opening mine today.

She is the WORST SS toy I’ve ever played with! I got her 90% transformed and got so friggin sick of putting all the various pieces back on that kept detaching I just turned her back, put her on a shelf and don’t think I’ll ever play with her again.

I’d make some ‘Shatter’ jokes but they’ve already been done and she deserved every one of them

Finally they realised you can’t make perfection.
    Like our old G1 we jus expcectex obe mould ( robot or vehicle) yo he good😊

If anyone was at all curious, I can confirm that the Buzzworthy Bumblebee rerelease of Shatter has tighter joints than the original. Some bits still fall off but it's nowhere near as bad. The arms don't fall off at all which were the most annoying bit on the first one.
    I'm not suggesting everyone go out and replace their existing Shatter (unless it reeeeeeaally annoyed you like it did with me) but if you skipped the first release because of the QC I'd suggest you give this one a chance.
    In every other way that I can tell, this toy is identical to the first release as far as plastic colours, paint apps, etc.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.