Thread: WWE 4-inch Ooshies prototypes

Default WWE 4-inch Ooshies prototypes

Last year, I found myself in a position to paint some prototype 4-inch Ooshies ahead of a trade show overseas. If you're not familiar, Ooshies are soft plastic pencil toppers, but the newer ranges are larger and made of vinyl, I think to compete in the Pop Vinyl market. So far, Australia has seen some of the 4-inch Ooshies in Disney Princesses and DC heroes.

I found a posting online of a sighting of these toys at mass retail in the US, so I can finally reveal the work that I did, which I was not able to share until the toys were released to the public.

All painted with lacquers through the airbrush, with some hand-brushed details, as per the specifications I was given (although I noticed a few small differences in the released toys). Some of the blank (and somewhat rough) 3D printed prototypes needed some very fine details added - details on John Cena's cap and wristband, and The Rock's crotch and tattoos - which were too fine for me to paint or draw by hand - so I learned how to create my own water slide decals using a kit I had at home.

The other challenge I had was a super-quick turn around - a matter of days between getting them in hand and delivering them completed. A few late nights!

Anyway, here are The Rock, John Cena, Brie Bella and AJ Styles.

(If there's any interest, I have a few WIP pics as well).

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Great work dude!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

That’s very cool!

I’d be interested in your process for the waterslide decals. They turned out great.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2