Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boy, that escalated quickly

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kitty Fantastico View Post
    Honestly the fact that I'm limiting the Transformers to Siege-but-only-the-ones-I-remember-from-the-cartoon-but-not-the-movie-or-season-three is so much progress.
    But then you're missing out on the fantastic Skytread (Flywheels), the best Siege figure so far.

#notfeedingtheaddiction

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    What Lego themes were you collecting?
    At the moment Star Wars, Marvel/DC, Minecraft, Harry Potter, and Skylines are the ongoing ones, but there's bits and pieces of pretty much everything from 2007 onwards; the 80s stuff from childhood isn't assembled, but it's all there in the storage units, along with dismantled newer sets I've decided not to keep on display, for when I need parts to work on something. I can't list it all, we'd be here for days: highlights include Voltron, Death Star 10188, Destiny's Bounty (the movie one) and the Temple of Airjitsu, Emerald Night, the Simpsons house, Medieval Village, Imperial Flagship, Helicarrier, the Executor, WALL-E, both Ecto-1s, most of Middle Earth, the Sea Cow, and a MOC I believe is unique in the world as the only Lego Buffy the Vampire Slayer Star Wars model, Tara's hotrod Y-Wing. Literally a room full.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    But then you're missing out on the fantastic Skytread (Flywheels), the best Siege figure so far.
    I was tempted for a moment, owing to him being in 'City of Fear', but I never had his toy anyway. There are a couple of post-stuck-in-the-desert-in-the-80s bots I'll be getting since I did have their original toys - Mindwipe for instance, and Misfire and Aimless (I'm planning to swing by Kings Comics after work, on the way to Godzilla, to see if they still have Aimless's Siege pack), and Cloudburst, probably a few more I'll remember when I see them.

Welcome to Ozformers

Coolest. Username. Ever

Thanks

Fun story about that, it's not just a Buffy reference (I mean Tara's my personal deity, but not only that) - back at uni (USyd) a bunch of us used to go down to the nearest gamer cafe every Friday for a couple of hours of Medal of Honour (I think? Many WWII FPSes have come and gone since then, but I think that was the one at the time), and we were always in the French town map and I'd always pick the female resistance fighter as my character. Since MKF had that exciting bit involving the French Resistance in her backstory (that got skipped over) that's what I always named her, and Miss Kitty Fantastico has been my default game/forum/anything online name ever since.

(I did find Aimless BTW - Kings only had Blowpipe, but Hobbyco had some. Godzilla was a lot of fun.)

Welcome to OTCA. Hope you show up in one of the meetups

Thanks! I don't often venture out of my lair, but I'll keep an eye on that part of the forum, you never know. Definitely for the next movie, whenever that happens (so long as it doesn't look like, well, 4 or 5 are back).

I was referring to toy fairs or supanova and others.