Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Soundwave reissue for Zing in 2019

Default MP Soundwave reissue for Zing in 2019

Available from zing!

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/to...-Toys--Gadgets

Japanese MP version (Soundwave with Laserbeak/Condor in black box)
    AUS$220
    Pre-order deposit of $30 required.
    Zing exclusive

Release date - June 17th 2019
    (date listed on product page is most likely wrong as this toy doesn't get released in Asia until November)

Last edited by griffin; 4th June 2019 at 08:03 PM.

pretty decent price at zing

That seems odd... the Zing listing says it will be released 17th June 2019 (just two weeks time).
    I think it must be an error on their product page, as they shouldn't be getting it before it is released in Asia. (and their pre-orders are normally 4-6 months before the release).
    It's AU$220, with a $30 pre-order deposit... I thought that it seemed a bit expensive, but the original Japanese one was about AU$250 in 2013. (but the Hasbro version in the same year, with five cassettes, was here for AU$150... so the Japanese version was always more expensive)
    Saying that, the RK listing is for US$110, so with the current exchange rate, if you can get it posted to Australia for under AU$50, you'll be saving money compared to the Zing version.

I was in EB Games today and they are getting it too

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I was in EB Games today and they are getting it too
    EB Games is Zing.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    EB Games is Zing.
    Yes I know, but not everybody knows that. I only learnt it a year ago. And it’s not an obvious fact when you go to a shopping centre that has both stores in the building but in seperate locations.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yes I know, but not everybody knows that. I only learnt it a year ago. And it’s not an obvious fact when you go to a shopping centre that has both stores in the building but in seperate locations.
    I've never seen a Zing in a separate store to EB Games. Up this end of the country all Zing's are in EB Games stores.

That said in every one of these stores EB Games is losing shelf space to Zing at a rate that makes me wonder if they will just be Zing stores in a few years.

I've never seen a Zing in a separate store to EB Games. Up this end of the country all Zing's are in EB Games stores.

That said in every one of these stores EB Games is losing shelf space to Zing at a rate that makes me wonder if they will just be Zing stores in a few years.
    Yeah they both seem to devote 50% of their shelf space to Pop! now

[QUOTE=DELTAprime;611436]I've never seen a Zing in a separate store to EB Games. Up this end of the country all Zing's are in EB Games stores.

Out our way they're all EB Games stores with no Zing. I think our closest Zing is about 3 hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus Cron View Post
    Out our way they're all EB Games stores with no Zing. I think our closest Zing is about 3 hours away.
    They now have a Zing! in Bathurst. There is a big shopping centre that sprawls across two city blocks with a road separating them. There is a Zing! in the block that has the department stores, and an EB Games in the next block that has the JB HiFi and Reject Shop.

That's how I discovered they were pretty much the same store. I went into Zing! for something they didn't have so the lady said 'I'll just ring our sister store to see if they have it', then when she saw my quizzical look explained to me about the Zing/EB thing.

So yeah, there are still places where both stores exist. But the further out west you go, in NSW at least, it still seems to be mainly EB Games.