Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ToysRUs is Back in Australia with new owners

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Good news I guess, however as far as online stores are concerned, the competition is already heavy.

I'll be interested if they are able to do something to push the pricing standard down but I doubt that's something they'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Good news I guess, however as far as online stores are concerned, the competition is already heavy.
    Yep. Here are the Aussie online retailers I know of (I'm sure there are more).

Saviours toys
    Robotoyz
    Toybot Importz
    The Little Toy Company
    TF Spacebridge Collectables/Armoured Heaven
    Bulletproof Villain
    Omocha Cafe
    Kathleen's Klutter
    Toys and Beyond
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Site is up, going to look around some more but hopefully Transformers range gets better.

https://www.toysrus.com.au/search.ph...s=transformers

EDIT: Was kinda looking at Strongarm and half of that short page is also out of stock. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee2000 View Post
    Site is up, going to look around some more but hopefully Transformers range gets better.

https://www.toysrus.com.au/search.ph...s=transformers

EDIT: Was kinda looking at Strongarm and half of that short page is also out of stock. Cool.
    Seems mainly RID and Titans Return stuff, except for a couple of statuettes. Unless it picks up it seems like it may simply be an outlet to move old stock.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Seems mainly RID and Titans Return stuff, except for a couple of statuettes. Unless it picks up it seems like it may simply be an outlet to move old stock.
    It's just the stock from their HobbyWarehouse website under the TRU name....

Notice the counter with the number of toys available on the main page???? refresh the page and it goes back to where it started..... it's just a video to make you think they are setting more/better stuff up

Guess it's a bit like Dick Smith after Kogan bought it's website.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Not a big surprise really, as they were up front about being an existing business that has taken over the Trademarks for TRU, and they said that after the TRU website goes live, they would start to build the new business (but would obviously be starting out with their own existing stock). Maybe they needed to go live before the toy companies would start sending in a big surge of toy stock on credit, as the business may not have the cash flow to cover millions of dollars of stock yet.
    Give it a few months to get set up first, and then we can critically evaluate where it is going, and its potential (for us TFs collectors).

It's interesting to see that they were basically "given the keys" to all of the old TRU internet sites, including the old social media pages that appear to have been kept alive, but cleansed. Even their website appears to be the old website, just updated.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's interesting to see that they were basically "given the keys" to all of the old TRU internet sites, including the old social media pages that appear to have been kept alive, but cleansed. Even their website appears to be the old website, just updated.
    I do remember the TRU social media still posting after it closed which was super weird, seems this was on the cards for some time.