Thread: RIP David Wise

RIP David Wise and thank you for your contribution to the Transformers brand. My favourite G1 episode that he wrote was War Dawn.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Sad news. Didn't realise he wrote so many episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Sad news. Didn't realise he wrote so many episodes.
    Not only that, but he was among few writers in the G1 cartoon who attempted to world build and maintain some semblance of continuity (others that come to mind would be Earl Kress and Flint Dille). But Wise gave us things like...
    * the beginning of the Autobot-Decepticon war
    * showing us the final resting place of the Nemesis as well as the resources that it contained (e.g. super power source, Cybertronian terra-forming device etc.).
    * showing us the internal mechanics of a Cybertronian, including their equivalent of an immune system
    * giving Tracks and Raoul more personality depth
    * Omega Supreme's PTSD
    * Vector Sigma and its key
    * the Plasma Energy Chamber and its key (before Cyber Planet Keys were cool )
    * made Nebulos more of an unearthly dystopic world and the Nebulans appearing more alien (green skin and hair)

And we know that he originally intended for The Rebirth to be a Five Parter like Five Faces of Darkness, and it would probably have fleshed out a lot of the characters better. But Hasbro issued the order for Sunbow to reduce it down to 3 episodes with almost all of the 1987 toys to be introduced within the first episode -- hence the plethora of new characters being hurriedly introduced ep 1.

Vale, Mr. Wise. You shall be sorely missed.

I'm off to watch my favourite G1 episode: Trans-Europe Express.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Very sad news... RIP... 'Til all are one!

Super sad, but good to see such a big response from fans. I’m sure there are plenty of other works from across the years that haven’t been sustained in such a huge collective fan memory as The Transformers, and whose authors/artists will never see such an honour. I hope he can rest easy with knowledge of immense joy he helped create.

David’s memory will live on in the beloved episodes he made, that to this day inspire us as collectors, fans and just regular people enjoying classic cartoon adventures. The result of his labour form some of the earliest and fondest memories of my early childhood.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust