Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Lio Convoy

Default Masterpiece Beast Wars Lio Convoy

MP BW Lio Convoy has been revealed at this year's Tokyo Toy Show. TFW2005 has mirrored some pictures of this new MP figure.
    Recent Acquisitions: Walmart stuff
    (Pre-)ordered: MP-44 Convoy v3, MP-45 Bumble v2
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

As usual bw mp's have robot mode looking great and beast mode looking eh, but this isn't too bad a take

At this stage I’m convinced that the Masterpiece line is decided by just pulling a name out of a hat.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Lio Convoy is a significant character in Japan, and it's TakaraTomy doing the MP line (Hasbro are just grabbing stock and adding an outer sleeve to sell in America).
    There's actually been quite a few Lio Convoy toys done over the years, so this doesn't surprise me now that they are focussing on the BW era for the MP line.
    I just don't see this being an improvement over the original toy, as the lion mode doesn't look very nice.

Looks like Lio Convoy will be packed with an Artemis figure, which is fairly well articulated... shown in a Japanese hobby magazine, and a close up can be seen here.
    The magazine scans show that the lion head on the shoulder of the robot mode is a fake lion head, as the real lion head is hidden under the shoulder kibble.