Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SDCC Transformers exclusives official images and info

One of the SDCC exclusives (the Botbots 10-pack) has already been found in Asia, with someone finding one in a toy store in the Philippines. (not unusual though, as most SDCC exclusives seem to find their way to Hasbro HK countries like Taiwan in the same month of SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    it would be interesting if they do make new toys of these characters, it is just about time. They haven't been touched since the 80's as far as I'm aware.
    Overdrive was done as a Binaltech (Honda S2000) and Downshift appeared in Transformers Energon and Cybertron. Although it was really Wheeljack bearing Downshift's name. There was also a Camshaft in Alternators (Honda Integra Type R). I've probably left some out... (checks tfwiki) -- oh, there was a Bayformer and Spychanger called Camshaft (repaints of Jolt and WARS respectively).

Wait... so if they're doing Powerdashers and Omnibots as Generations toys... and they've done Reflector... the only mail-away G1 toy left is... TIME WARRIOR.

Somebody hold me as I'm about to cry.

Not that anyone here has easy access to Hasbro Pulse, but the left-over Transformers SDCC items will be on there at the in the first week of next month (apparently they are adding the SDCC items over the next 3-4 weeks, which would be really annoying if you wanted several items and have to keep going back on several different days)... but expect them to sell out before they become visible to the public, as "Pulse Premium" members will get to buy them a day before everyone else, and apparently everyone who joined the site when it launched, has a complimentary membership for the first year, which will cover these items.

Pulse Premium membership is US$50 per year ... and what does it get? It gives them free shipping within Continental US (which most of the big online stores do now over there, often without a huge amount spent), exclusive access to promotions & contests, and early-bird access to items like the SDCC left-overs. It sounds like a licensed club membership, but without any specific exclusive elements other than free shipping on all orders (Amazon Prime is a lot cheaper for free shipping over a certain amount... and Australia Post offers a similar scheme with an annual fee to get free shipping from selected partner businesses).

Seems like Ghostbusters Optimus Prime completely sold out on Hasbro Pulse. Would it ever see retail release here?

I was really hoping to get the MP-10G from Pulse when it went live but it looks like they sold out in the day before when it was just available to premium members. I'm quietly hopeful they kept an allocation for general release but so far refreshing has proven fruitless.

In previous years I've been very lucky on the Hasbro toy shop when more stock has come available from orders being adjusted back to one from orders of multiples. I'm hopeful that this happens here.

Most SDCC product never sees the light of day outside the USA however there have been releases in Asia in the last few years. Hopefully this turns up somewhere else at a not insane price. I'm OK with $150 US but I don't want to spend much more than that. but man oh man is it pretty.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Since I'd need to use a mail forwarding service if I had bought it on Hasbro Pulse anyway, I bit the bullet and ordered it from Toys and Beyond, seems to be have good reputation, for $330. While way above the original $150USD price, I figure with shipping and GST, I'd get to $300AUD anyway. Plus I've never had MP-10.

As you can see, I'm trying very hard to justify my purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Most SDCC product never sees the light of day outside the USA however there have been releases in Asia in the last few years.
    I got mine from Asia on ebay, complete with the Hasbro Asia distribution sticker. Ebay scalper pricing though so it was well above your limit.
    (My Ectotron needed his sparring partner)

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    As you can see, I'm trying very hard to justify my purchase.
    You're doing a good job.
    I'd say that never having an MP-10, especially if you weren't planning on getting the default version is a good enough excuse justification

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I got mine from Asia on ebay, complete with the Hasbro Asia distribution sticker. Ebay scalper pricing though so it was well above your limit.
    (My Ectotron needed his sparring partner)
    That's just it, isn't it. Ectotron is so lonely right now.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal
    You're doing a good job.
    I'd say that never having an MP-10, especially if you weren't planning on getting the default version is a good enough excuse justification
    I hadn't really planned on getting any Masterpiece figures apart from the MPM, but thanks to EB/Zing I'll eventually have 2, Smokescreen and Lio Convoy. Guess I can blame them for Optimus too, since without Ectotron, I probably wouldn't have bought him haha.

If only they'd been able to get both Ectotron and Optimus. I'm sure they would've gotten way more pre-orders too.