Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GEN Apeface, Astrotrain, Spinister and Crosshairs

Default GEN Apeface, Astrotrain, Spinister and Crosshairs

A pre-SDCC reveal of official images for 4 Generations toys that we should see at the event next month - Apeface (Voyager), Astrotrain (Leader), Spinister (Deluxe) and Crosshairs (Deluxe).
    Crosshairs uses the Ironhide mould but the others look to be new moulds.

Images from the Screenrant website can also be seen here, including larger sized images than the ones mirrored here.
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/06/26/...evealed-390354

These figures are said to be for December, so must be wave 5 (wave 3 had a release month of July but most have been released this month, while wave 4 is said to be for October - with waves 3 and 4 being so light, it might be a quiet second half of the year for some collectors).

Last edited by griffin; 27th June 2019 at 02:45 PM.

Crosshairs is a really good reuse of the Ironhide mould.

I'm loving Apeface - that looks very faithful to the original character/toy.

I'd heard rumors of Astrotrain, nice to see him looking somewhat like his G1 self in vehicle modes. I suppose its a bit like how they did updated alt-mode versions of Kup, Perceptor, Blurr etc, then a few years later did toys trying to look like their G1 incarnation.

Spinister looks good, although I'm pretty happy with my Timelines version.

I'd have preferred a Crosshairs from Kup, but I'll still be buying him.
    Astrotrain looks the goods, but won't fit in size wise with the other two from TR.
    Spinister is a bit meh, Apeface is a must.

Apeface looks awesome! Appears to be a headmaster too like his G1 self.
    Astrotrain trying to be Cybertronian/Earth at the same time lets him down, but still better than the Titans Return version.
    Crosshairs I don't care for, but happy for those who want one.
    Spinister is not a character or figure I ever cared for previously, but this looks really good.

So I'll be grabbing 3 out of the 4. Damn you Hasbro!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Same for me re. Kup-into-Crosshairs, the Ironhide mold would have made a better Crankcase or one of these guys IMO. Will probably pass unless I find one for really cheap.

Glad they're doing Astrotrain, though it's a pass for me personally. Probably same for Apeface, though I can see a really easy Snapdragon retool there.

Spinister is great, will definitely be picking him up. Especially if we're getting a Needlenose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'd have preferred a Crosshairs from Kup, but I'll still be buying him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Same for me re. Kup-into-Crosshairs, the Ironhide mold would have made a better Crankcase.
    I dunno, perhaps if there had been a bit of retooling. Kup's alt-mode is just so unique to and indicative of Kup that if they had redone it exactly the same it would simply look like Kup doing some cosplay to me. It's part of the reason I never picked up the G1 Orion figure (though I do have a nice painted version I won off Gok years ago I intend to pass onto my son).

But yeah, I agree that (if retooled) that the Kup mould would have been more appropriate than Siege Ironhide. Still pretty happy with their choice though and frankly simply happy they are finally starting to do some of the Autobot Targemaster characters - so far all we've had is Scoop.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Astrotrain looks the goods, but won't fit in size wise with the other two from TR.
    Maybe. Leader seems to be more a measure of parts count with Siege. The example of Shockwave and Ultra Magnus suggest that Astrotrain might fit very well.

I'm very keen on that Apeface. I'll pick that up for sure.

Crosshairs I initially reflexively thought "pass" on, but then I saw a comment on TFW that suggested that perhaps TR Counterpunch would be repainted into Pointblank and Mirage could be retooled into Sureshot to give us the s4 Autobot target masters, so I'm somewhat interested.

Spinister is ruined by the completely unnecessary fake cockpit.

Astrotrain is a miss for me. I have no connection to the character or interest in either alt-mode.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Because he was depicted as a large bot in MTMTE/Lost Light I would have preferred Spinister to be Voyager sized. Does help our theory that all the fan vote options are coming regardless!

I?m glad now that we didn?t get Apeface in TR. Most of the Voyagers in the line were disappointing and here they?ve gone much more G1 style and it works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Maybe. Leader seems to be more a measure of parts count with Siege. The example of Shockwave and Ultra Magnus suggest that Astrotrain might fit very well.
    Was thinking the same. Plus there?s a few more years of WFC so plenty of time for a new Blitzwing and Octane. I do not regret skipping TR Astrotrain now one bit.