Default Toy Review - Siege Brunt

Brunt
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Siege
    Hypo-line - War for Cybertron
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 3
    Released here - June 2019 (independant store)
    Approximate Retail Price - $35
    Approximate Size - N/A
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Cybertronian Tank
    Main Features/Gimmicks - splits into armour
    Main Colours - purple, grey, yellow, orange
    Main Accessories - every part of him is an accessory

You know, I never realised I wanted a Brunt until Siege. A great update on what was originally just a thing you could make with leftover bits from Trypticon.

Robot mode is well articulated and a joy to mess with. Only let down is he doesn't have proper hands to hold weapons, but he has 5mm ports everywhere else, so whatevs.
    I'm glad that the shade of purple is a pretty close match to that on Full Tilt, as I was worried about that from the pics I saw.

I enjoy the "armour" gimmick more than I thought I would. Okay it's silly, but it's still fun.

Tank looks great! A good update on the original, with much more detail.

I also like that it can be stored behind Titans Return Trypticon's head. Whether this was intentional by the designers or not I don't know, but it definitely works!

All in all, a nice, fun figure. In my opinion a must have if you own Titan's Return Trypticon, but worth getting either way.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

In theory I don't find the Weaponizers very interesting - certainly I have no attachment to Those Little Guys Who Hung Out With The Biiig Dudes In The 80s. But with each wave they seem to get more interesting and fun. I'm not a huge fan of Brunt's head design - Stormbringer Centurions are a weird place to take inspiration when you're giving Brunt his first robot mode - but I love everything else about him. Those big claws are great and make for more interesting attachments than just endless guns. Given that Red Alert is just Sideswipe Again and Refraktor is basically incomplete, I think Brunt is the star of the wave.

Someone in the TFW thread found some decent integration with Trypticon. My favourite bit was his arms can fit on Trypticon's lower stomach/crotch, which reminded me a little of the old Dino-riders T-Rex armor.

Dino-riders was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    Those big claws are great and make for more interesting attachments than just endless guns.
    Yeah it's something a bit unique, I don't mind them in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    Given that Red Alert is just Sideswipe Again and Refraktor is basically incomplete, I think Brunt is the star of the wave.
    Definitely. I was looking forward to him more than the others which is why I "overpaid" to get him sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post

All in all, a nice, fun figure. In my opinion a must have if you own Titan's Return Trypticon, but worth getting either way.

That's an awesome damn photo!

Bought mine and found myself intially underwhelmed by him. I had trouble intergrating him with other bots and making convincing cool guns, thre just isn't much there....
    but then I used his crotch and thighs to make a back mount and found him to blast into fun from that. I could mount the claws on it for Doc Ock arms, stuck a blaster on each one and ended up creating a nice BFG with the torse, a leg and the grey gun piece.

Essentially he ends up becoming armour, as opposed to guns for others, something I find a bit odd since he transforms into a maser tank thing.

Not very fond of the drone style robot mode though. It's Ok, but I'd rather a more Brunty-grunty look personally. Definitely worth it if you have Trypticon (although I haven't tried him with Tryppy), or if you like the weaponiser dealio.

His alt. mode is the high point. A smooth moving tank that makes this better than the alt. modes of Cog and especially Six Gun.
    Although as a weoponizer, that's where Brunt is the weakest of the three so far. As mentioned in the above post it's hard figuring how to attach him. In the end I managed to attach him to Shockwave.

Sorry to hear you other guys haven't had as much fun with his weaponiser gimmick. I had some fun attaching him to UW Wandering Roller.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Sorry to hear you other guys haven't had as much fun with his weaponiser gimmick. I had some fun attaching him to UW Wandering Roller.

The trick is to attach all of Brunt's parts and in a way that looks functional.