Thread: What to sell?

Default What to sell?

Since none of my Tfs are selling via forums etc, I started looking at BBTS and TFSource to sell part of my collection to. At the moment I have gathered a small lot of toys that I have at home to experiment with.

Lots offered:
    G1 and G2
    G2 Powermaster Ironhide MOSC
    UK G2 Autobot Cars Sideswipe, Inferno, Jazz MOSC
    UK G2 Go-bots Set of 10 MOSC
    European Predator Snare MOSC
    European Predator Talon MOSC
    European Predator Falcon MOSC

Misc
    Takara Tomy TM SP DX Convoy and Megatron MISB
    Armada Red Alert MISB
    Galaxy Force GC-02 Exillion
    Cybertron Overhaul MOSC
    Cybertron Armorhide MOSC
    Cybertron Scrapmetal (Yellow) MOSC

So far only one place has replied to me
    For the G1 lot, I was offered $180US cash or $215 store credit and for the Misc lot I was offered $125 cash or $150 store credit. Both for $305 cash or $365 store credit

I have calculated up postage and the G1 lot was going to cost me $30US to send, while the misc lot was going to cost $55US to send.

I have a feeling that my G1/G2 should be worth more (and I could get more if I sold through forums) and will of course be sold for more at this particular store, while the offer for the misc was fantastic considering my purchase price and the relative commonness of the items.

Should I send in both parcels or should I send in just one and if so, which.
    What do I do with the others I don't send in? Does anyone know if there are any other TF stores that purchase collections?

Thanks all

I'm sure you already realised this. but most people here are looking for bargains with the exception of a few. in my honest opinion, if you want to make the most cash, the forum is not the best place to sell. However it is definitely good to give back to the community with fair discounts below market prices etc.

With that said, Ebay in my opinion is definitely the place to get the most out of your items. In particular people on ebay australia are happy to pay ridiculous amounts for g1 toys. I know this from experience when I liquidated the first part of my loose toys. When u put up ur auctions, make it worldwide, people from the states will bid on it and our crappy exchange rate and aussie bidders will work together to give u a good return on your items.

Selling to transformer stores in my opinion is the worst route to go by, obviously they are buying low in anticipating of selling high, you can just do that yourself via the bay. Ebay fees and paypal fees definitely add up, but overall its worth it.

HOWEVER, a word of caution, the predator items do not do very well on the bay at all! The same goes for the g2 minicars. I don't know about the second lot as I don't touch anything past g2.

Also a word of advice. Try to bump your sales thread, everyonce in a while.

Goodluck mate!
    Last edited by jgon2098; 8th November 2008 at 03:21 PM.

Reason I thought of trying BBTS is that some of these items are not items that really gain much interest down this way - I have had these items for quite some time, and I really do have to get rid of them. My storage locations both at home and in my shed are close to overflowing..

Trying to avoid eBay and its evil fees..

your prices are too high for me

IMO you'd make more and sell faster if you sold those individually rather than in lots.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    IMO you'd make more and sell faster if you sold those individually rather than in lots.
    Well I know that, but with the G2 items I dont want to be suck with a few items I can never get rid off, and its not like they are selling via my normal methods anyway.

Precisely which Gobots are you selling anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Precisely which Gobots are you selling anyway?
    Sideswipe, Ironhide, Motormouth, Mirage, High Beam, Double Clutch, Blowout, Firecracker, Frenzy and Gearhead

Missing Bumblebee and Soundwave for the full collection of G2 UK Gobots
    http://www.galaxy.connectfree.co.uk/whtf_eu.htm

My decision was helped along today. In the closing minutes of the auction a few things I was going to send from the misc lot were sold. So, I am going to have to regroup and get a new quote..

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I've never actually known anyone who's sold their figs to BBTS or TFSource before. They both sound like reputable dealers & I'm sure you won't get shafted on what they're worth. Make sure you let us know how things work out Zippo .