Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Japanese crowd-funding project for gold Optimus and STARS set

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    It looks like a mix of gold paint and vac plating, but still I wants it!
    Yeah it's like MP10G, which I'm sure isn't coincidental.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

In my sleep deprived state I thought the subject read Gold Optimus and Star Wars....

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I was also pondering about, is this the future of collectables by toy companies, who don't seem to know or trust their customers to take the risk of producing these things without it being pre-paid first by the customers.
    That's basically how the board game industry works now and Statue companies have been operating under this model since forever. Then there's the whole Matty Collector thing where they'd need to hit a certain number of pre-orders before they would go into production for MotU/PoP items.

Some info on the book from the TV-Kun website...

• Big 122-page volume, with documents, information, and testimonials about the complete G1 cartoon in Japan.
    • Transformers 35th Anniversary x TV-Kun Super Complete Works 30th Anniversary special collection.
    • Complete files of “Chou Seimeitai Transformers” (G1 Season 1 and 2 in Japan) and “Transformers 2010” (G1 Season 3).
    • Complete character files of every Cybertron (Autobots) and Destron (Decepticons) warrior in the series, including other non-Transformer characters as Spike and the Quintessons.
    • Full Episode guide with details and references.
    • History of Transformers and Seibertron (Cybertron) in chronological order.
    • A special section with several unpublished material never seen before. Two animation cells shown (and character files)

Looks like this isn't going ahead due to not reaching the crowdfunding goal. I am genuinely sad about this, but hopefully we will see some future release of part or all of the set.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/09/03/...0fHH-FxLtekO_E
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.