Thread: A G2 Dinobot a day, part 7 (of 7) - VOLCANICUS

Default A G2 Dinobot a day, part 7 (of 7) - VOLCANICUS

Welcome to part 7 - today's subject: The whole bunch, including the combined form of Volcanicus!

To see the individual entries, please go here for Grimlock, here for Slag, here for Snarl, here for Sludge, here for Swoop, and here for Slash.

Of course, Slash doesn't form part of Volcanicus, but she's in the group shots at least.

I imagined that the G2 colours would make for an especially garish combined form, but it actually woks out well in the format I have them in - a predominantly blue body (Grimmy), green arms (Slag and Swoop) and red legs (Snarl and Sludge).

The great big sword (which you would have seen in some of the individual shots), is from Renderform and fully painted from the raw black plastic, to match the individual Dinobot's swords.

Some photos courtesy of shadow.maru00 on Instagram - give him a follow for ridiculously cool TF photography.

Thanks for your patience with a week of G2 Dinobot posts!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

It's definitely "Gen2" with the colours.
    I had to look up Swoop and Sludge, as I didn't remember that they had artwork done for their release in Gen2, but were not produced. The tiger-striped Grimlock I remembered, which is what you used for Slash, so a nice way of using that more memorable unused colour scheme.

(people here probably already looked at your earlier facebook postings, which could be why there hasn't been as much attention here... then again, we lost about 90% of traffic here after the recent server host issues, so it might be a while before we get some of that back)

Is it worth doing a poll, for people to vote on their favourite Dinobot... or not, if we don't have much traffic here yet?

That looks much better than I'd anticipated. It would be awesome if Hasbro released this along with the G2 Defensor that was never produced (just so I can have all 4 original scramble city-style combiners in updated form).
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's definitely "Gen2" with the colours.
    I had to look up Swoop and Sludge, as I didn't remember that they had artwork done for their release in Gen2, but were not produced. The tiger-striped Grimlock I remembered, which is what you used for Slash, so a nice way of using that more memorable unused colour scheme.

(people here probably already looked at your earlier facebook postings, which could be why there hasn't been as much attention here... then again, we lost about 90% of traffic here after the recent server host issues, so it might be a while before we get some of that back)

Is it worth doing a poll, for people to vote on their favourite Dinobot... or not, if we don't have much traffic here yet?
    Not a bad idea... I hadn’t thought of doing a poll... it seems a little indulgent I guess, like “vote on which of my customs you like best”.

You are right about people possibly seeing them on FB first... my first idea was to cross post on FB and here simultaneously but wanted to make sure (as much as possible) that things were stable here first. It’s all good... strangely enough (and kind of unexpectedly), I’ve had a massive reaction to my MOTU Blizzlor custom compared to all the G2 Dinobots combined.

Truth is, I love doing it and that’s my buzz and if it gets attention, that’s great, but it’s certainly not the only or most important goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    That looks much better than I'd anticipated. It would be awesome if Hasbro released this along with the G2 Defensor that was never produced (just so I can have all 4 original scramble city-style combiners in updated form).
    I agree!

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms

Damn, son. That's some good work!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Damn, son. That's some good work!
    Many thanks