Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viz announces 'Transformers:The Manga" at AnimeExpo 2019

Other is online now Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Viz announces 'Transformers:The Manga" at AnimeExpo 2019

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1146868351236562947
    Announcement: Transformers: The Manga Volume 1, rolls out this Winter. This collection of Generation 1 Transformers manga strips ran in Japan’s TV Magazine in the 1980’s and will be published in the United States for the first time!
    Seems to be an english release of https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Fight!_Super...rs:_The_Comics

Bless you Other, you just made my day!

I've always wanted to see an English translation of these released, and I remember that IDW were initially considering this when they first got the license (as a fill in, until they had their full comic lineup on steam). I've read scanlations of bits and pieces, but it's not really accessible. To get a print version, it would be a dream come true.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So how much of an english translation are we talking about here, will the names characters and stories going to be "adapted" for the existing english fanbase much like the unicron trilogy, are we gonna see a literal translation and be boring/dull, how will this work?

While I'm curious to see how this goes it's mostly because I'm a weeb lol

Just be aware, they don't say if the book will be translated... it could just be a reprint, maybe with an english cover.
    If it is translated, I'd buy it, even though I already have the original Japanese book.
    (it might make more sense to be in English for an American release, but that would be a huge project, since it is a very big book of over 600 pages)

Other is online now Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just be aware, they don't say if the book will be translated... it could just be a reprint, maybe with an english cover.
    If it is translated, I'd buy it, even though I already have the original Japanese book.
    (it might make more sense to be in English for an American release, but that would be a huge project, since it is a very big book of over 600 pages)
    Viz is a publisher that has been releasing translated Manga in America for several decades, not once have they ever released a book that's sole difference is an english cover while retaining Japanese interiors, in fact I've never heard of anyone doing that ever. And 600 pages is nothing, Viz often publishes 20+ 180 page titles a month+ several digital only volumes and chapters. No offense meant Griff, but that's a real mind boggler of a post.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Want!

Now listed on Amazon America, for release on February 11th 2020, for US$25.

Originally serialized in Japan’s TV Magazine, these classic stories from the Generation 1 era of Transformers are now available in English for the first time!

The Autobots and Decepticons have been locked in a brutal civil war for eons, and now their battle has come to Earth! The Autobots seek peace and coexistence, while the Decepticons seek power and control. Earth and its populace are caught between the two as these mighty factions go head-to-head. Transformers took the world by storm shortly after their debut, and these previously uncollected stories were a vital part of that takeover!

The Autobots and their young friend Kenji stand tall against the Decepticons in an interplanetary conflict! Packed with thrilling Transformers tales, this hardcover collector’s volume contains classic stories such as “The Great Transformer War” and “Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers.”

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Now listed on Amazon America, for release on February 11th 2020, for US$25.
    If you were sitting on the fence on this it is currently Only $17.12US Pre Order price Guarantee and Global Shipping was around $9US for me for 2 copies Link

I am excited to see English Translations of these Obscure Transformers Adventures. If you want a bit more incite in what to expect TFU Info has a podcast "Link Here" where he discusses a few of the Manga Comics from 1986

A second volume is now on Amazon for May, so they are breaking it up into two volumes... which would make sense, as the Japanese compilation book was huge, and since the first Amazon listing says 288 pages, the Japanese book was about 500 pages.

-- Transformers The Manga Vol 1 HC - 288 pages (Japanese TV Magazine Manga - translated) - February 11th 2020
    -- Transformers The Manga Vol 2 HC - ??? pages (Japanese TV Magazine Manga - translated) - May 12th 2020

US$25 each though... which is about right for comic compilations of that size (usually about US$20 for ones that are about 200 pages).

Why am I getting forebodings about these involving young girls and Tentakil