• Only if something else

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Siege Jetfire

Gosh darn it, thought I had checked back far enough

They got merged. Thanks griff!
    Last edited by TaZZerath; 17th September 2019 at 03:48 PM.

I've just basically taken it out of the box and armoured it up but I love the size and how imposing it looks. Sometimes I don't think you realise how big a figure is in photos!

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I've just basically taken it out of the box and armoured it up but I love the size and how imposing it looks. Sometimes I don't think you realise how big a figure is in photos!
    Absolutely My collection is only very small so I don't have a huge amount I can compare it to, but my next biggest 'bot is God Ginrai and even though he was imposing, I actually find Jetfire is the superior figure. Why? Playability!

God Ginrai is great from the fact that they did a good job being animation accurate, he stands out in a 'crowd', has many accessories, and multiple modes available to the pair. You are literally getting two (large) robots in one (plus the titan masters) BUT from a playability/stability perspective? He's not so great. He's super fiddly, has a lot of parts which if knocked can either fall off or move, and even when combined his backpack is so damn heavy he topples over all the time. Jetfire has none of these flaws from my current time with him, and with his armor and guns and faction-switching ability can be at least THREE robots in one (Autobot, Decepticon, Armored autobot)

It's a good figure and I'm happy with him overall, but the alt mode being full of gaps annoys me - it's pretty unnecessary when all it had to do was turn into a brick with wings

A little to the left... a little bit more...

This is one of the best Transformers figures, in any line, that I've bought in years. Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post

Nice comparison shot. I've seen Jetfire compared to Siege Optimus but it's nice to see him next to a large MP robot.

My only real gripe woth this otherwise great figure os that the nose doesn't really peg in for vehicle mode. It's sort of held in place by some adjacent pieces that tab on to some very flimsy plastic. No where near as solid as I'd like.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I grabbed this guy for $100 delivered from Amazon AU, an absolute bargain! I only collect MP (although I have a G1 collection too) but I couldn't say no to this guy! He is pretty amazing really, maybe 1 or 2 differences to make it MP level but that's really nitpicking. Really, my only gripe is that my example has 2 scratches on it. Not hugely noticeable though. I highly recommend this figure.

Just transformed for the first time, bit disappointed in the process and the jet mode. Very gappy and basic. Robot mode definitely the highlight.

I usually struggle with complex transformations, but found Jetfire to be a fairly simple process, though still taking me a few minutes. The more I play with him the more I love him, so much so that I bought a second from Amazon so I have a separate Jetfire and a separate Skyfire. For anyone who missed him and was waiting for a non-existent retail release (THANKS NZ FOR TAKING OUR STOCK) I'd highly recommend getting him online such as amazon.com.au

It's going to be a holy grail toy that people will chase after in decades to come.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!