Size/class - Commander
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 3
    Released here - purchased online
    Approximate Retail Price - $150
    Approximate Size - 27cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - spaceship
    Main Features/Gimmicks - swivel Autobot/Decepticon symbol, cockpit room for 3 titan/prime masters, retractable 5mm ports in hands
    Main Colours - white, red, black
    Main Accessories - detachable armour, weapons, blast effects

Wow, what a Jetfire! Hasbro truly went above and beyond with this one.

Firstly, let's address the bot mode. Well what can I say, it's a very show accurate "Skyfire" with extra detail than the animation model.
    He has some good ratcheting, balances well and is pretty easy to pose.
    He is about the same height as a CW/UW/POTP combiner for those wondering how much display space he will take up.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the armoured up mode and it wouldn't matter how it looked, as I bought this figure to be Skyfire from the G1 cartoon.
    After I took these pics the armour pieces went straight into storage. However, I'm sure others will appreciate them and I don't blame Hasbro for doing it.

(image courtesy of GoktimusPrime)
    One of the neat touches in the bot mode is that he has retractable 5mm ports in his fists! I'm not kidding, straighten out his fingers and the ports fold away. Close his fingers and they pop out again, ready to hold his double barrel blaster! Speaking of which, that double barrel can split up into two single blasters if you like, similar to Classics Jetfire, but with retractable handles when combined.

(image courtesy of GoktimusPrime)
    Although he's not the first Transformer to have this feature, the swivelling faction symbol is neat too. Personally I think it was unecessary to include it, but I'm certainly not complaining.
    Just an example of Hasbro going above and beyond, in a Masterpiece style.

The jet mode is just as fun as the bot mode. First of all, he looks just like in the cartoon and is massive!
    Goes without saying, but yes he has retractable landing gear as all jets should.

So massive that voyagers can swing off him with ease.

With room in the front cockpit for one titan/prime master, as well as room at the top of the jet for two more titan/prime masters.

The blast effects for his weapons also work well at being jet-fire.

And on that last dad joke, I'll let myself out....
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post

Personally, I'm not a fan of the armoured up mode and it wouldn't matter how it looked, as I bought this figure to be Skyfire from the G1 cartoon.
    After I took these pics the armour pieces went straight into storage. However, I'm sure others will appreciate them and I don't blame Hasbro for doing it.
    The armour on both Classics and Thrilling 30 Jetfire looks a lot better, true - I'm not keen on the look of the helmet in particular.

Can't wait for this figure - good review!

More piccies:

Comparison with G1 and previous CHUGs

As above, but nekkid.

Classics Jetfire just keeps hanging around

Overall thoughts:
    An absolutely gorgeous toy that I cannot wait to get - just take my money, Hasbro! While this toy is a Generations figure it wouldn't look out of place next to MPs either. If you ever wanted a Skyfire toy then this is it. The add-on armour is kind of ordinary and the chest piece doesn't lock in tightly. The helmet looks weird without having any laser cannons or even antennae... it makes him look more like Broadside. In terms of looking more like G1 Jetfire then I think the original Classics toy does a better job, but Siege Jetfire is your definitive Skyfire toy.

One minor gripe - the lower half of Jetfire's face is visible in jet mode. The backpack only covers his face from eyes up, so his mouth and chin are still visible. It's still tucked away behind the cockpit so it's not nearly as unforgivably bad as say, Energon Ironhide. It makes Jetfire look like he's wearing a VR helmet. But at the end of the day, this is a mass retail figure released at about 1.5x the price of a Leader Class figure and I'd say that it delivers top value for money. Certainly more than some other overpriced MPs, but let's not hound that point.

Highly recommended.

Any light-piping?

Looks SO good.

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Any light-piping?
    Surprisingly, yes. Although it's kind of pointless as he has a backpack behind his head (which of course is show accurate).

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Surprisingly, yes. Although it's kind of pointless as he has a backpack behind his head (which of course is show accurate).
    Cool.

The retractable 5mm hole is such an ingenious idea. I really hope that more toys will feature this in the future, especially MPs. It's so much better than just having a slot and tab for articulated hands to feebly hold onto weapons. Then again, it might only be something that's possible with larger hands like Jetfire's. It would admittedly be harder to execute this on smaller figures. But still, if the size allows it then I'd like to see HasTak continue this innovation. This is seriously a great kilometrestone in Transformers engineering. Please run with this, HasTak!

I heartily endorse this product.

Best retail TF that’s been released in a while. Non intrusive gimmicks out the wazoo and a very good likeness.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One minor gripe - the lower half of Jetfire's face is visible in jet mode. The backpack only covers his face from eyes up, so his mouth and chin are still visible. It's still tucked away behind the cockpit so it's not nearly as unforgivably bad as say, Energon Ironhide. It makes Jetfire look like he's wearing a VR helmet.
    Easy fix for that, turn the head around.