View Poll Results: Cyberverse Soundwave- worth getting?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soundwave Superior - always superior!

1 33.33%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

0 0%
  • Laserbeak: Eject. Operation: Inferior Toy Destruction

2 66.67%

Thread: Toy Review - Cyberverse Soundwave

Default Toy Review - Cyberverse Soundwave

Soundwave
    Series - Cyberverse
    Size/class - Warrior
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Yup
    Approximate Retail Price - $30
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Surveillance SUV
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Laserbeak Blast
    Main Colours - Blue

Robot Mode

The blue is quite vibrant, the yellow stands out well on his chest with the Decepticon Symbol in the middle, the soundwave patterns on his shoulders, the shoulder cannon – all good! Good to see the cassette-player symbols on there too despite the fact that’s not what he transforms into. He also has an extra little satellite dish that can flip out from the side of his head. The articulation here is better than most other Cyberverse warrior class figures too with the elbows and knees bending, the neck turning and the leg and shoulder connections being able to swivel. The legs look too bare. And of course he has his 'Laserbeak Blast'

Vehicle Mode

Quite a letdown. A survellience vehicle is a good alt-mode choice for him but this is just way to bland. Some different colours on the lights and grill or even a stripe down the side would have helped break up this big box of blue. Once again you can flip out the satellite dish which makes sense for the vehicle, whereas the cannon definitely does not.

Grabbed this toy today for $10 (thanks to price matching with Kmart's catalogue). I came in with really low expectations considering how rubbish other Warrior Class Cyberverse toys are so... I got what I was expecting (and what I paid for), so... it's satisfactory for me. I'd be more upset if I'd paid full quid, but I didn't, so yay.

The Laserbeak Blast gimmick is just ridiculous. It's as if he's trying to re-enact the Xenomorph chestburster with a transparent sock puppet.