1 5.88%
  • Only if something else

0 0%
  • Not interested I've got better things to do tonight

1 5.88%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - WfC: Siege Springer

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Picked up this guy a week or so ago and find him to be very nice. A lot of the debate over this guy and or T30 naturally occurring and hmmm... Part of the reason I waited before getting him was because I like the t30 look, more so than the cartoon look. i don't find Siege Springer's alt modes as particularly good. Whereas I do like the car mode and accept the chopper mode of T30.

Where siege blows T30 out of the water though is articulation in robot mode. Man, are there any poses this guy can't pull off? It's amazing!!! I've found him so much fun to fiddle with and pose, he just follows me around the house where-ever I go at the moment. I feel a helicopter battle with Spinister will be featuring in my house tonight!

Personally I prefer the look of the T30 over siege, so my ideal Springer would be T30 style with siege's articulation. But still, overall an impressive toy in regards to engineering.

My main gripe is as Dirge mentioned the battle damage. The silver bits look ok.... I guess, but the ones on the roof of the vehicle looks like mud (or another brown substance) smears. On the green it actually looks a tad brown to me, I dislike this. I suspect the toy would look so much better without this battle damage. Which is something I feel about many of the Siege figures so far.. I might have bought Soundwave, if not for the excessive battle damage on him.... Springer here just got lucky.

Has anybody found a way to store the chopper blades in vehicle mode aside from on the gun?
    Im curious about this now. The T30 Springer only really lacked inward ankle tilts. It was fairly fully featured otherwise, especially the arms. It went into the basket with the rest of those rare retail figures that can do proper two handed sword poses.

What does WFCS have that T30 doesn't?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Im curious about this now. The T30 Springer only really lacked inward ankle tilts. It was fairly fully featured otherwise, especially the arms. It went into the basket with the rest of those rare retail figures that can do proper two handed sword poses.

What does WFCS have that T30 doesn't?
    The ankle rockers as you pointed out, my main issue with T30 is that I don't think his heel is sufficient enough/ Mine seems look and he has a tendency to topple backwards because it looks like the toes come down further than the heels. The waist is also hindered by the back panel.

I think e real plus for me with Siege Springer is that his feet are so adaptable (well they are also kind of ugly as they are just boards attached to a very moveable joint).

My gripe with T30 seem rather pathetic now that I've typed it... but it's definitely something that I would have liked to have seen improved upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher31 View Post
    I think I've always just put it together as the big gun for car mode.

I really like the figure but... My main gripe is that there is a piece that is only really useful for chopper mode. The spinney piece can be stored in robot modes but it doesn't do anything and doesn't look like anything. Yet, it's a key component for one of the modes. I thought they could've done more with it. What they did with the T30 sword here was much cleverer.
    AGreed 110% there. I was messing around last night and I made it his Ghost finder. Plug it into his wrist and it spins faster as a ghost approaches