Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toys Then and Now

I think there is a little too much enthusiasm... is that a fair word... being put into the posts on this thread. Let's keep things concise and friendly. No need to make comments like "step away".

Coming back to the subject matter...

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    You're wrong.
    there, changed it.
    UM, no you are wrong!

No really, I completely agree with you except for when you think the renaissance started. I feel like it started with the Classics/Classics 2.0 line when HasTak started to produce original moulds of classic characters, at the time it was all G1, but since then we've had comics only characters, and representations (generally not many but still some) of almost every stage of transformers history in the main 'generations' toy line.
    ... We're in a golden age of transformers and it's been going for at least 15 years if you ask me.
    I just feel the stuff since Combiner Wars is really play friendly. Mind you, I didn't really collect the CHUG stuff that was before it so can't compare. I just love me some combine!

What got me back in to collecting seriously (I did pick up a couple toys, literally 2 I think, from the Unicron Trilogy) was the Alternators Binaltech line. I love them.
    Actually I was the same. When the Binaltech cars came out and I also saw the Hasbro MP OP in a Target, I got the bug again. Almost finished my Binaltech collection too!

Protocols A, B & D in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I just feel the stuff since Combiner Wars is really play friendly. Mind you, I didn't really collect the CHUG stuff that was before it so can't compare. I just love me some combine!
    I'll have to share my early figures with you at some point, the Hound, Mirage, Cyclonus amongst others are very much fun.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'll have to share my early figures with you at some point, the Hound, Mirage, Cyclonus amongst others are very much fun.
    Is that the Cyclonus that came with Nightstick near a decade ago? Awesome figure - for my money about the best Cyclonus toy we’ve had. I’ve got 2 versions of it and love them both.

I loved that Hound came with a Ravage and that Mirage had a cool alt-mode -was pretty decently redone into Drag Strip too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Is that the Cyclonus that came with Nightstick near a decade ago? Awesome figure - for my money about the best Cyclonus toy we’ve had. I’ve got 2 versions of it and love them both.

I loved that Hound came with a Ravage and that Mirage had a cool alt-mode -was pretty decently redone into Drag Strip too.
    It was the first Bayverse movie in conjunction with these above mentioned TFs (except Mirage) that turned me into a collector.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Yep, that one. and I agree, an excellent mould, the legs don't quite make a shape in vehicle mode but still great. I have several different recolours, One is Cyclonus, the others are his Armada...

A lot of those earlier new figures still hold up really well. the bumblebee has been re-used again and again
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Am I the only one that thinks the new Micromasters are a downgrade over the originals?

Normally I prefer the new toy over the G1 toy, but in this case, I feel like they are cheaply made and the use of ball joints instead of pins annoys me because the limbs pop off so easily. It's not like they are the first small Transformers in recent years, but they are the only ones I have trouble with joints popping off.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the new Micromasters are a downgrade over the originals?

Normally I prefer the new toy over the G1 toy, but in this case, I feel like they are cheaply made and the use of ball joints instead of pins annoys me because the limbs pop off so easily. It's not like they are the first small Transformers in recent years, but they are the only ones I have trouble with joints popping off.
    Nah, word around the traps is that they're quite the let down from a manufacturing point of view.