Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Has anyone here ordered one?
    Fatbot on one of our facebook pages (you'll need to sign up if you aren't already on that page) was offering the services of someone he knows in America, and had 2 or 3 takers.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    It's added about 600 backers in a week. If continues at that rate for the next 5 weeks we'll be at just under 5,000 with a few days to go. Add in Japan backing through Takara Tomy Mall and a big final push and it should hopefully get there. I'd say it's more than likely going to go ahead as long as it gets close enough to the 8,000 target. Perhaps they'll extend it for another few weeks so it gets over the line?
    I can?t see 600 backers a week continuing for the duration of the window. It?s now at 1820....that?s only 3 more backers since I wrote my post earlier today. Most people that want it and can afford it have already backed it. I can only see it trickling over 2000 over the next week or two, and maybe eventually settling between 3000-4000, but I feel I?m being a bit optimistic there. I?d love to be wrong but I don?t see this gaining any momentum at all.

I must admit, I was watching a video by a designer tonight and the figure is truly a beauty to behold. Hell, if I was rich enough I’d buy two to display in both modes! And if it was available here with a payment plan I’d certainly at least get one. But with this timeframe and the cost of shipping it’s beyond my financial means and fear it may prove that way to too many fans for them to reach the needed preorder target. We shall see

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    I can?t see 600 backers a week continuing for the duration of the window. It?s now at 1820....that?s only 3 more backers since I wrote my post earlier today. Most people that want it and can afford it have already backed it. I can only see it trickling over 2000 over the next week or two, and maybe eventually settling between 3000-4000, but I feel I?m being a bit optimistic there. I?d love to be wrong but I don?t see this gaining any momentum at all.
    Well to be fair most of America was asleep since your last count! If it breaks through 1,900 by tomorrow I'd say it's keeping pace. We also have to remember that many people don't want to plonk down that cash only to have it returned 6 weeks later so they are just sitting on their hands until the end when there will be a rush. Whether that's enough to get Hasbro to commit, we'll just have to see.

They don't get charged until August 31st (if it goes ahead), so I can also imagine a lot of people dropping out in the last week if they signed up thinking that they could scrounge up the money, but then failed to get enough and cancel at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    They don't get charged until August 31st (if it goes ahead), so I can also imagine a lot of people dropping out in the last week if they signed up thinking that they could scrounge up the money, but then failed to get enough and cancel at the last minute.
    I kept an eye on the Kehtana. It gained momentum towards the end of the campaign. Either people were waiting till they actually had the money in hand to back it, or Hasbro was fudging the number.

I'm seriously considering using some savings to preorder from BBTS.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Sorry my bad, I forgot they are not charged straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I kept an eye on the Kehtana. It gained momentum towards the end of the campaign. Either people were waiting till they actually had the money in hand to back it, or Hasbro was fudging the number.
    Yep that's the best comp we have.

I am with danny on this. I can't see this reaching 8000.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I am with danny on this. I can't see this reaching 8000.
    If it does fail HasLab should post up a video of the prototype being blown up mythbusters style to the tune of Orson Welles' voiceover "Destiny... you cannot destroy my... DestineaAHH!"

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Exclusive interview with John Warden. Pretty much confirms this is a Masterpiece Unicron. Also the teeth can be shown or hidden.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ISQKvz5o4b4
    I was going to post this up but you beat me to it, this is a really interesting interview.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I've checked the terms of the MyUS shipping rates based on weight. They specify their rates "excludes oversized shipments and palletized shipments with linear dimensions greater than 80 inches (203 cm).​".

Linear dimensions simply means to add the length, width and depth of the package. So taking Borgeman's assumptions of a 20 inch cube would give 60 inch linear dimensions, well within the 80 inch limit and therefore giving us some leeway on the dimensions.

Then it all comes down to weight. We know that Unicron has a weight of 19 pounds. So if we very conservatively assume a packaged weight of 30 pounds, it gives a shipping cost of US$143 using Fedex Economy. But I'm a member and pay with Amex, which gives me a 30% discount off this rate. Therefore given the current A$ is 0.70, my estimated cost is A$143, way cheaper than BBTS and Shipito that base their charges on volumetric weight.

You can test this for yourself at https://www.myus.com/pricing/

The only risk I can see is if MyUS changes their policy and moves to volumetric weight at some point before this is released in 2021.
    So I've checked MyUS, I agree their rates are very competitive, is there a reason you didn't choose the budget economy option?it's another $US 16 cheaper and only a potentially 2 days slower.

they all seem to have similar details, it's not like you're going to consolidate something with Unicron

Do you know what the 'Postal Clearance not Included' means? it seems to be the same for all their shipping items, does that mean we have to broker it ourselves when it comes into the country?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)