Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (can anyone see the video that is supposed to be at that link? I tried the page on two different browsers, and all I got was a blank rectangle where the video is supposed to be.)
    Works fine on my iPad....

The Hasbro Pulse page has added a video promoting the planet mode details (screen shots can be seen here), and another transformation video in colour this time, which is also on youtube embedded below...

DON'T FORGET - you only have a little over a week to pre-order this from Zing or EB Games in Australia.

(is anyone else who is planning to get this, NOT watching these transformation videos just so it doesn't spoil the fun of working it out... or do you think that you'll probably forget by the time it is released, so shouldn't spoil the toy too much)

Spike bands appear to be rubber.

Another video posted up on youtube covering the removable head and face feature that was revealed a few days ago...

(I think they really should stop showing the face without any face-plate, as it is really creepy, and looks like something is wrong with the toy.)

From the transformers FB page:

Thanks for all your #UNICRON questions! Ben & Ran from the Transformers team have answered some of your burning questions. Visit HasbroPulse.com for the full Q&A.
    ONE MORE UPDATE! We?re excited to share that 1,500 UNICRON supporters around the globe that have backed the project through Hasbro affiliated retailers will bring us much closer to the 8,000 backer goal.
    So that takes it to about 4500 backers so far, with a week to go.

It's worth pointing out that the last Haslab project, Jabba's sail barge, experienced a surge in backers in the last week, possibly due to a combination of people saving up for the deposit and people who had previously put off placing an order for whatever other reason. This may also happen with Unicron. Also, international pre-orders may not be fully counted until the window closes.

they only did the initial run of the sail barge yeah? not any more or retail release? as time goes on the laybuy/deposit only option locally is really handy. im wary because i rushed and got the lego ultimate millenium falcon straight away when that came out but because of the size it has sat unbuilt in a wardrobe and since then it has been on sale multiple times over the last year or so. so i could have waited a while and got one cheaper since i havent used it yet.
    i have the platinum edition unicron release from a couple of years ago which i have transformed once and generally just sits there. so i kinda dont want to buy this mega expensive mega huge size figure of something i already have, especially if it comes out later and gets discounted.

but then again this is history and the biggest thing ever and looks really nice....
    argh

The sail barge has only had the one production run. Just before Hasbro started shipping them, they apparently made a small number available on eBay.

I can understand your reluctance, because it's not a small amount of money you'll be dropping, but I recommend placing a pre-order anyway if you're hesitating. If you change your mind or regret it, you can always sell it on, and I doubt you'll have trouble finding a buyer.

The other Haslab project that has been running simultaneously with Unicron has wrapped up. Cookie Monster has failed to meet it's target. https://hasbropulse.com/products/cookie-monster

We're not going to see this heading to mass-market retail (Khetanna is never going on clearance), and at worst if you can't afford to buy the final price you're only out the deposit. If they'd had a payment plan, or a deposit scheme, then they'd have made the required number of backers.
    My only hope is that there's a delay in processing data for overseas retailers, Takara Tomy Mall, and Hasbro China, HK.
    They've put a HELL of a lot of design resources into making this toy already, and it would discourage further Haslab productions.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!