Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

Asking Hasbro AU would likely be a waste of time, they don?t even know what stock they have in the country let alone what an affiliate Hasbro is up to...

It?s an awesome looking toy that I can not imagine will not sell 8000 units and the aftermarket prices will be insane. I reckon this will go straight into many ?holy grail? lists.

Might be cheaper to buy one, fly to the USA to pick up and bring home in a carry on small suitcase (if it fits) rather than try and get it reshipped home!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Oh wow, didn't think I'd wake up to this

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    In my snoozy haze last night I have a recollection of putting in GBP. Thanks for catching that.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yup, I want two.

Alas, I cannot have any.

The way collectors (US collectors especially) generally baulk at pricing, restricting this to North America specifically will hinder its ability to get to 8000... I mean, 8000 is a LOT.

Also, in crowd funding worlds you get most of your backers in the first couple days and this isn't even at 1k yet.

I also want the Cookie Monster and was gearing up for a month of instant noodles. I just don't get why multinationals don't realise how small the world is and that it's now a global economy. I guess until someone gives me a hot tip on how to get these I (we?) will miss out

Anyway, on to the figure itself, it's awesome. I'm not sure where it would go but I'm sure it would look impressive in most collections.

Great looking figure. If I had the change to blow I'd back it.

Griff, could we ask Hasbro Aus to act as an intermediary in this for any Australian fans that want to purchase?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Don't know why everyone is commenting "Oh would Hasbro Australia stock this and where" when it hasn't even hit the 8,000 backers yet. Probably too early to ask questions on this in case the figure doesn't hit it's 8,000 backers.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Looks cool. Shame I'm Australian and poor instead of American and rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Don't know why everyone is commenting "Oh would Hasbro Australia stock this and where" when it hasn't even hit the 8,000 backers yet. Probably too early to ask questions on this in case the figure doesn't hit it's 8,000 backers.
    Part of the issue is that, as I understand it, backing is only open to Americans at the moment. People are looking for any way for non USA people to show support.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

!!FAIR WARNING FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING BACKING THIS PROJECT!!!

not a joke, ignore at the peril of your wallet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExuC...M3CaGaiBkhdo3k

Note the previous HASLAB project was not shippable from the USA, even with freight forwarding companies. And also that Hasbro can (and did) change the dimensions of the listed item when it came to their previous project for Haslab.

One Aussie guy lost his money on it, so watch this video and think carefully before throwing money away, as Hasbro will happily take that money while not giving a flip that it wont be shippable.