Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

I really want this. If I could I would have it shipped to my MYUS shipping address, it would only cost ~$120 to have it shipped here. But alas I assume they won't accept an Australian card for payment?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Don't know why everyone is commenting "Oh would Hasbro Australia stock this and where" when it hasn't even hit the 8,000 backers yet. Probably too early to ask questions on this in case the figure doesn't hit it's 8,000 backers.
    It’s called planning.

Also, if it were opened to other regions of the world, it would be a lot easier to hit 8000
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

With the previous HasLab product The Khetanna they did end up selling a small number of it on ebay and shipped it internationally. That's probably the best hope to get one of these in Australia.

I'd love to get this if it was a general retail release, but the US only nature and the fact they want a huge amount of money to be given in only a couple of weeks means I'm going to have to wait for another Unicron figure.

That's weird, I've kind of been assuming this whole time that War for Cybertron was a prequel, leading up to launching the Ark. I mean yes it's got Ultra Magnus and co. but it's easy to assume they were around but missed the boat to Earth, and were busy somewhere else when everyone woke up in the 80s. Was Unicron around back then? Like maybe they used to send him a pizza every now and then to keep him happy, but that was Starscream's job and he forgot to delegate to anyone before he left, so the poor dude's just been waiting out on the edge of the galaxy getting progressively hungrier and more annoyed for four million years until he's finally lost his temper.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kitty Fantastico View Post
    That's weird, I've kind of been assuming this whole time that War for Cybertron was a prequel, leading up to launching the Ark. I mean yes it's got Ultra Magnus and co. but it's easy to assume they were around but missed the boat to Earth, and were busy somewhere else when everyone woke up in the 80s. Was Unicron around back then? Like maybe they used to send him a pizza every now and then to keep him happy, but that was Starscream's job and he forgot to delegate to anyone before he left, so the poor dude's just been waiting out on the edge of the galaxy getting progressively hungrier and more annoyed for four million years until he's finally lost his temper.
    WFC Siege as with the rest of Generations is G1 inspired, not actual G1. Transformers is a multiverse when it comes to its continuity, not a singular universe.

I have a cousin who lives in NYC I can ship it to. Could be tempting to send it her way...

I'll certainly be asking Hasbro Australia about this, but logistically it would be unlikely, as Hasbro America want the money as soon as the reservation period ends (August 31st), which means, if Hasbro Australia were to play middle-man on these, they would need to take your money (somehow), and then be liable to Australian Consumer Laws (like refunds, which would have to come out of their pocket because the money would have been sent onto America).
    Then you have the whole shipping procedure, that Hasbro Australia probably would have to outsource.
    This probably should have been done through Amazon, which has branches in many countries, or can service many countries they aren't in... and they would then be the ones who would ship the items once they are produced (buuut, the price would be 30-40% more for the toy if sold through a retailer - Hasbro America are probably wanting to sell this themselves, to give this a better chance of reaching minimum numbers - a US$575 price from them would be at least US$900 if sold to a retailer first).

I think we just have to wait and hope that there are at least 8,000 seriously dedicated Transformers fans in America and Canada who have US$575 within 6 weeks, to warrant extras being made and then sold off to non-Americans (some how). (the big Transformers conventions only manage to get about 5,000 people willing and ABLE to splash out this much money to attend a dedicated event, not to mention, Unicron isn't a contemporary "iconic" character, so a toy of this price won't appeal to too many newer fans of the last decade, since TFPrime and the Live Action Movies... and there aren't a lot of us left who grew up with this character in the 1980s)

It's a bit of a catch-22 though... the non-Nth-Americans like us will only get a chance at buying this if they reach their 8,000 target in Nth America, but I'm pretty sure it would need the non-Nth-American fans to reach that goal. They would get a couple thousand in Japan and a couple thousand in the Hasbro Asia countries, a couple hundred in Australia and each of the main European countries... if they barely make it to halfway with their goal, they MUST find a way to take reservations from non-Nth-Americans, or else no one will get one. (they've certainly spent a lot of time and money already producing a prototype, as the fully coloured images are not a computer generated image - the factory tooling is the most expensive expense, but those images suggest that this is something they've already spent a lot of money on)

I love the size of it though... probably on-par with cost-to-volume of Fortress Maximus, taking into account the lower production run.

Lots of screen caps (and links to the video and images), including the two images above, from TFW here.

Did they show the back of the robot or planet mode at all?
    If not... should we be worried that it has some kibble or issues that they are hiding?

Again... it's one of those rare occasions when I wished I lived in America.

I guess there's nothing preventing them from doing a limited retail run of Unicron if the campaign is successful.

Thing is I just don't know if they will meet the 8000 backer goal if they don't open it up internationally somehow. Star Wars has a much larger fan base than Transformers and they only managed to get 8810 backers of a much cheaper toy.

Did they show the back of the robot or planet mode at all?
    If not... should we be worried that it has some
    You can see in the close up shots of the head that there’s a fair bit of planet folded up on his back. Also on his calves but I don’t think it’s a bad thing.

not sure if posted;

If the requirements are met, the massive Unicron will be available beginning in 2021 for a price of $574.99 USD. Hasbro said if the figure gets funded, it "will be looking at ways make this item available internationally," which is fantastic news for Transformers fans outside the US.

https://m.au.ign.com/articles/2019/0...er-figure-ever