Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23333839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

If you dig through most of the vitriol online, the level-headed disappointment basically is:

- A yellow maw was advertised in the crowd-funded preview images, that's what people were expecting for their money.
    - All updates along the way showing various steps mean nothing from a final colour POV (the last update from recent weeks could be an exception) because it shows prototype/unpainted/unmatched parts, so the assumption holds the colours will be as expected come release.
    - Final product deviates in this regard, and it is a significant deviation/alteration due to its prominence. Most significantly, given its prominence for the planet mode look, the fact that its change wasn't alluded to in any way is what cuts deep for most

There was likely some combination of changes made to the design and the covid affected working climate (and soaring postage, especially for that behemoth) that meant that choices were made to either save some money in implementation (molds or paint apps) and/or not delay the release from early 2021 as planned.

I love that you can form a separate, mostly in tact planet planet mode by removing all of his leg and back kibble

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I love that you can form a separate, mostly in tact planet planet mode by removing all of his leg and back kibble
    Guess you could fly some Siege tetrajet shells around the planet while having the bots fight Unicron's bot mode.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Guess you could fly some Siege tetrajet shells around the planet while having the bots fight Unicron's bot mode.
    Double the fun for half the price. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Double the fun for half the price. I'd buy that for a dollar!
    But not for $850?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    But not for $850?
    Naw, I may buy from RK instead. They have free delivery!

Ok, so not getting this and not really being interested in it i haven't really been following this thread. I just had a peruse and had a quick scan of various complaints made elsewhere and my conclusion is WTF! Seriously, people are complaing this much about a toy not being 100% cartoon accurate? "Oh no, my optimus has slightly different shade of red than the tv show". They better start a long list of TFs that dont look or transform like the cartoon they're from.
    Man, people are dumb.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Ok, so not getting this and not really being interested in it i haven't really been following this thread. I just had a peruse and had a quick scan of various complaints made elsewhere and my conclusion is WTF! Seriously, people are complaing this much about a toy not being 100% cartoon accurate? "Oh no, my optimus has slightly different shade of red than the tv show". They better start a long list of TFs that dont look or transform like the cartoon they're from.
    Man, people are dumb.
    It’s not a slightly different shade.... it’s a total miscolour.

More like red-leg SS Devy instead of Yellow leg... but this one won’t be fixed in a later wave

It's WFC Unicron. Not G1 totally accurate Masterpiece Unicron. Crazy how much is being made of it. Can't wait to have mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    More like red-leg SS Devy instead of Yellow leg... but this one won’t be fixed in a later wave
    Don't worry, no less than 5 different 3P companies will make upgrade kits for it.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.