Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    !!FAIR WARNING FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING BACKING THIS PROJECT!!!

not a joke, ignore at the peril of your wallet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExuC...M3CaGaiBkhdo3k

Note the previous HASLAB project was not shippable from the USA, even with freight forwarding companies. And also that Hasbro can (and did) change the dimensions of the listed item when it came to their previous project for Haslab.

One Aussie guy lost his money on it, so watch this video and think carefully before throwing money away, as Hasbro will happily take that money while not giving a flip that it wont be shippable.

No it was very ship-able, and shipito were a dream to deal with. But being oversize only FedEx could carry it and with volumetric shipping it was about 600 us PLUS ##$$@W GST on that.

But there is always a way to ship if you use a reliable freight forwarder. They were even apologetic about the cost and threw in extra shipping protection around the Hasbro mailer.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    No it was very ship-able, and shipito were a dream to deal with. But being oversize only FedEx could carry it and with volumetric shipping it was about 600 us PLUS ##$$@W GST on that.

But there is always a way to ship if you use a reliable freight forwarder. They were even apologetic about the cost and threw in extra shipping protection around the Hasbro mailer.
    Importantly, MyUS uses weight rather than the volumetric method to determine the shipping cost. So I would just need to check their dimension limits if I chose to and was permitted by Hasbro to order.

Here's something I found asking myself... even if I were to get this toy... what would I do with it? :/ It's a toy that's too big and heavy to really play with as an action figure. Heck, even toys like Fortress Maximus are too big to be action figures - they're more like transforming play sets for other Transformers (and Cerebros exists so that you do have an action figure). Even Armada Unicron is interactive with Mini-Cons. What would I do with this toy? Because if I can't play with it then it's essentially going to be an over-glorified paperweight.

From the Takara Tomy Transformers website:

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

^That looks promising for anyone who isn't American or Canadian
    Or they've finally woken up and thought we may move a few more units if it's available for the rest of the world

Don't know if you guys have watched this episode of Retro Blasting about the sail barge. That thing was huge.

The American presenter ended up taking the barge to the guy that bought it in Australia. watch them opening it at 10:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgy_NonMRI8

Does that guy always look like he’s a bad haircut away from necking himself or does he just save that level of depression for Star Wars?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Very very cool, especially that planet mode with the mouth gimmick! I imagine they'll be revealing little extras along the way like some tiny scaled figs (Galvatron?), or a swappable broken eye?

I seriously doubt this thing can genuinely sell 8000 units direct to consumers (no retailers) in North America. But I would bet heavily that it's going ahead no matter what and the target is purely there to help encourage sales and lock in as many orders as possible. Hasbro are in total control of the platform, they will just flip that number past 8000 on the last day if they need to.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Very very cool, especially that planet mode with the mouth gimmick! I imagine they'll be revealing little extras along the way like some tiny scaled figs (Galvatron?), or a swappable broken eye?

I seriously doubt this thing can genuinely sell 8000 units direct to consumers (no retailers) in North America. But I would bet heavily that it's going ahead no matter what and the target is purely there to help encourage sales and lock in as many orders as possible. Hasbro are in total control of the platform, they will just flip that number past 8000 on the last day if they need to.
    ...they could but isn't the point of the minimum number of backers to mean this venture will be profitable?

Better off wasting money in RnD and reusing it somewhere later on than having a few units sitting around rotting, even being used as prizes or something its lost money, granted within 10 or so could be worth it but if that number is over 1000 short...bad move to me

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have mixed feelings about opening it up on TTM. On one hand it will increase the chances of getting to 8000 and Japanese fans will buy anything. OTOH if Gok is having trouble storing it God knows where you could keep it in a Japanese house?