Page 1 of 46 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

Default Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

Transformers fans may be mere humans, inhabiting a miniscule planet hardly worth consuming, but they are some of the most passionate fans out there. That’s why HASLAB, the Hasbro Pulse crowdsourcing platform, is the place to awaken such a massive project.

Introducing the first ever Transformers HASLAB project: Transformers War For Cybertron Unicron.

Join us in a historic opportunity to celebrate the legendary Unicron with a figure whose features, detail, and scale are worthy of his gigantic legacy.

This campaign will move into production when it reaches its minimum goal of 8,000 backers. All support must be received by 11:59 PM EST on August 31, 2019. If the campaign is successful your payment method will be charged on August 31, 2019. Orders are estimated to ship in early 2021.

Oh boy

Check this out

https://hasbropulse.com/products/tra...ertron-unicron

The gigantic Unicron would be our largest converting Transformers figure ever created, taking the title from our previous record-holder, Fortress Maximus.

In his immense robot mode, this version of Unicron will be over 27-inches (685.8 mm) tall and has more than 50 points of articulation.

He converts into a terrifying planet mode that will be a stunning 30-inches (762.0 mm) in diameter. The planet mode features the iconic planet-eating jaws, geared to open so Unicron can devour unassuming worlds. The planet mode also features a series of posable planetary rings.

The massive planet mode sits on a custom stand (included) to support the approximate weight of 19lb of the Lord of Chaos.
    So this will basically be Masterpiece Unicron

Does anyone know of an Australian retailer participating? I bought the barge for Jabba but it cost me a ton of dough reshipping - almost as much as the toy. But for the recent Super7 Skull Mountain, an Australian store offered to carry them. I would be tempted to even buy two - one for planet mode, one for the robot. I could cheat and get by with Armada Unicron, but the planet mode was fugly
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Does anyone know of an Australian retailer participating? I bought the barge for Jabba but it cost me a ton of dough reshipping - almost as much as the toy. But for the recent Super7 Skull Mountain, an Australian store offered to carry them.
    Looks like this has ony just been announced in the last 30mins so too early to know. A local seller would be great!

$1076 at time of writing (575USD).

Can't really argue with that give the size and weight. Looks amazing.

I'm glad that they've done this as the first option for Pulse. To me it's more unique than the other obvious candidate, MP scale Devastator.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Given the backing is currently only available to US and Canada, I have a feeling this figure could get a Japanese release as MP50 - would be a fitting toy to be assigned that number and a high price compared even to the new Convoy could be done.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    $1076 at time of writing (575USD).

Can't really argue with that give the size and weight. Looks amazing.

I'm glad that they've done this as the first option for Pulse. To me it's more unique than the other obvious candidate, MP scale Devastator.
    $818AUD
    https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter...rom=USD&To=AUD

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

We don't have any large scale reputable retailers to work with that would ever dream to carry this...

I'd pay 2k from myer if they ever had it though, alas I have no choice but to pass based on our choices, damnit haslab you know you'll get that money if you allowed international shipping.

Yeah that is MP Unicron alright. I?d have no problem backing this if it were available to us.

Gotta say I saw something like this coming. I’m down for sure, but shipping will kill. Early 2021 is AGES away too, so maybe Takara will do something we can buy.

Maybe we should ask Hasbro Australia what they know?
    Last edited by Bidoofdude; 16th July 2019 at 01:06 AM.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Oh wow this looks amazing! He has moveable teeth and eyes! What! Idk much about SW collecting but this is way cooler than the barge.
    Thankfully I only collect Autobots so it’s not for me, haha. I still have to work out where I’m gonna put Omega.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2