Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1222272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Oh, I have a preorder down at Zing and I'm pretty sure that's the price they were offering at?

Hmm that sounded a little too good for Zing, not too different when you're talking about that much money but that's part of the reason I thought it was an import

I could just as easily be confused because of $400 combiners vs $200 elsewhere, understandably theres no reason Hasbro Australia release = Takara import and I dont actually remember, but hmm I could have justified that over a few years from deposit to release...

Taking the exchange rate in to account Zing actually had the best deal in the world at the time. on par with the Pulse price and only a $100 down payment.
    I'm starting to regret not buying a second.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Taking the exchange rate in to account Zing actually had the best deal in the world at the time. on par with the Pulse price and only a $100 down payment.
    I'm starting to regret not buying a second.
    Me too. Wish I grabbed another through Zing/EB

Yeah whatever it was, it was a great price. I do kinda wish I picked it up as its a very impressive figure which has become clearer now that production has started rather than most of the decision period being a region-locked idea
    On the other hand nothing is going to scale with this even so I would also just buy a commander class of it and Primus
    Like I'm sure if they did a second limited run they would get some people hit with FOMO regret but I also dont know what I'd do even now. Not that I expect a second run because of the logistics of this figure and production-style, just saying.

EDIT: Or a giant head, I feel like someone has made that. I'm totally fine with just that and maybe the same face options as the Haslab. Primus is way more flexible, battlemaster, Rodimus-like, just an idea.

It'll be interesting to see the secondary market (ebay & other e-platforms) pop up next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    It'll be interesting to see the secondary market (ebay & other e-platforms) pop up next year.
    I think it will be interesting too. You might have people wanting them, and see some go up for sale, but also wonder how it will go because the economy isn't going to bounce back easy. Some people may sell out of necessity. Interesting times ahead

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    I'm reconsidering whether I should still get Unicron. It's more of a space issue than a money issue although 848 is a lot of money.
    my lego star wars UCS is still in the box, glad i rushed out and bought it on release a few years ago lol
    im still getting this unicron anyway but i know what you mean

Another update to Unicron, which says that it will have instructions that are 32 pages, and take about an hour to transform.

We could do races!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another update to Unicron, which says that it will have instructions that are 32 pages, and take about an hour to transform.
    Wow. I don't think I'll ever transform it. I'm only buying it because the planet mode is absolute perfection. Hopefully it comes packed in planet mode.