Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WFC Seige Rainmakers 3-pack revealed

So pretty!

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Damnit as a seeker seeker I have to get this, but that deco is lazy, source material be damned they all have the same "battle damage" markings all over them

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Seven and none of them are one of the coneheads? That’s astonishing!
    Gonna be an interesting retool job, considering none of them shown up as tetra jets and the leg...um kibble, where is that gonna go, new legs required to facilitate that, I'd much rather them with earth mode jetforms considering none of them were realistic anyway, could easily pass off as cybetronian despite the main form being based off f15's...but this is all wisheful thinking for something to stand out from these 7

No doubt they've planned to have coneheads (if a bigger coned head can fit in the transformation)... but it is strange that they have revealed four cannon fodder seekers, and none of the three original series Conehead Seekers.

SDCC in a couple days time will let us know, as we are at the tail end of Siege, so maybe the Coneheads will be a feature of the second series of WFC.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Gonna be an interesting retool job, considering none of them shown up as tetra jets and the leg...um kibble, where is that gonna go, new legs required to facilitate that, I'd much rather them with earth mode jetforms considering none of them were realistic anyway, could easily pass off as cybetronian despite the main form being based off f15's...but this is all wisheful thinking for something to stand out from these 7
    Hmmm... I forgot all about the different wing locations... probably because TakaraTomy did such a great job reworking the Masterpiece Seeker mould to give us really great looking Coneheads.
    Maybe it won't be as easy to do after all... unless they just cheat and do Conehead colours, like they did with those earlier tetrajet toys from TF-Cybertron and Titaniums.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    All in one year too... which is really pimping out a single mould.
    The 2006 Classics Starscream mould at least took a few years to get to 7 different characters, and was still being used 9 years later. I wonder why they are rushing out these different redecos, as if they have another Seeker mould coming in a future WFC chapter, and don't want to be releasing the old mould at the same time.
    I'd say it's because they are in Tetrajet form... they really only fit in a Cybertron battle, pre-earth story line. As soon as the direction changes and there's a bunch of earth modes, it'd be difficult to pop in a random Tetrajet.

At least with the '06 mould, they had years of earth modes that they could use to pump up numbers with a random jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Seven and none of them are one of the coneheads? That’s astonishing!
    There were no Conehead Tetrajets.... wait - what hYpNoS said

And he said it better than I was ever going to.

As for the set I love it. Buuut.... I do feel that the solid colours really show off the amount of greeble and filler plastic in a negative way

Now I'm really upset that the Skywarp box will have the other random battlemasters in it.

I'd like these, they're actually the only versions of the mold/characters I want from the mold, but they'll probably be expensive and exclusive.

JUST TAKE MY MONEY!

I have to get this, but that deco is lazy, source material be damned they all have the same "battle damage" markings all over them
    ^LOL cos true.

And already out at US retail... found at Target for US$80 (they have official images included, but don't say where they were found).

The price is a rarity, in that it is less than what three Voyagers would cost at retail (US$30 in America).

Being a Target exclusive over there improves the chances of it showing up here. (fingers crossed)

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hmmm... I forgot all about the different wing locations... probably because TakaraTomy did such a great job reworking the Masterpiece Seeker mould to give us really great looking Coneheads.
    Maybe it won't be as easy to do after all... unless they just cheat and do Conehead colours, like they did with those earlier tetrajet toys from TF-Cybertron and Titaniums.
    It depends how they go about it, retooling the main body slightly to fit a slightly taller head, redeco it, and "just maybe" give a few external addons to strap into the 5mm ports on the legs much like the old chug seekers (thinking thrust here), where they go in tetra jet mode NO IDEA but the ports are still accessible, but it would not be a pretty sight.

This way they would match up aesthetically with the existing set while spending less RnD time and also coming off as lazy, I would prefer my idea honestly and do all new molds, plan B would be to totally change the "jet" form shell so the main body is same as before but look closer to the conehead forms we all know (and love).

I do admit I had a chuckle when I read the bit about the mp11 mold but not because of what you said was wrong...but because of all the hassles everyone did have (thanks quality control, I nicknamed my ramjet into nose ram because of the chip on his snoz that was clearly painted over as if nothing was wrong )

I just saw a pic of all 7 Seekers from this year together. I would have thought that they would have made the blue of Ion Storm at least a bit different to the blue on Thundercracker, but the hues look exactly the same.