Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What were your childhood G1 toys?

Default What were your childhood G1 toys?

What were your childhood G1 toys?
    I was born in 1991, so I only got G1 toys through hand me downs or reissues.

Vintage:
    - Ramjet (my first G1)
    - Dirge
    - Air Raid
    - Topspin
    - Beachcomber
    - Warpath
    - Cosmos
    - Wheelie
    - Pincher
    - Doubleheader
    - Ironworks
    - Meltdown and Halftrack
    - Roadburner and Wheelblaze
    - Stonecruncher and Excavator
    - Grit and Knockout

TRU reissues:
    - Hot Rod
    - Optimus Prime
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Jazz

Note: if you're the type of person who never stopped collecting then just come up with an appropriate cutoff (say age 12 or when G1 ended).
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Micromasters Flak, Detour, Roadhandler and possibly Hyperdrive. I had to look up the last three because I keep forgetting their names.
    I bought them myself from my school fete in the late 90s. This was in the UK and they were only like, 20 pence each or something. Also I had no idea what transformers was, I just saw some cool little robots and wanted to buy them haha. It wasn’t until about 2008 when I would actually look these guys up properly.

This doesn’t really count but I had an oversized KO Ravage that I got from a post office and I loved to bits. Seriously, he got so much playtime one of his legs fell off.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Devastator was complete
    Menasor, incomplete missing Motormaster
    Superion, incomplete missing Silverbot
    Thrust
    Warpath

I was a spoiled child, so bear with me.

1984 (I'm googling catalogues to jog my memory, so may as well do this by year): Optimus Prime, Huffer, Trailbreaker, I think Ironhide, and Sideswipe; my memory's a bit mixed up with others of the Autobot Cars that I remember playing with, but I think they belonged to friends. On the villain side, Soundwave (and therefore presumably Buzzsaw, although I can't say I remember him), Rumble and Ravage, Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp, and obviously not Megatron.

1985: Blaster, Perceptor, Slag (the only one I still have), Powerglide, Grapple, and Jetfire. I felt like a prince among men taking Jetfire in to school for show and tell; unfortunately I just grabbed the nearest plastic bag available to carry him in, which turned out to be a Sportsgirl bag, and carrying that around the whole day was kind of a red flag for everyone to make jokes, so that didn't go so well. Joining the ranks of the Decepticons were Hook, Long Haul, and Bonecrusher (and sadly not the rest, although I did now and then plug them into each other in whichever way seemed to work, and imagine that was impressive), Bombshell, Blitzwing and Astrotrain, and Ramjet (who whatever the cartoon said, I always transformed with his nosecone down, since the wings already made him look plenty distinct).

And now we're getting into where my Transformers habit started tailing off here, so I'll just lump them all together: Broadside, Slingshot, Ramhorn and whichever of the Autobot taps guys came with him (I want to say Eject), Nosecone, Cloudburst (who I thought was female for some reason - not the Pretender shell, just the robot), Dead End, Blast Off, I think Sinnertwin, Mindwipe and Mindwipe's Head, and Misfire and Aimless.

So ideally all of those will show up in Siege at some point.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Starscream
    Red Alert
    Devastator
    Topspin
    Outback
    Pipes
    Rewind
    Steeljaw
    Aragon

And for giggles
    Rest-Q
    Spay-C

Optimus Prime
    Ultra Magnus
    Ramjet
    Inferno
    Seaspray
    Quickswitch
    Groove
    Landfill
    Sparkstalker
    Skyhigh
    Gunrunner
    Actionmaster Optimus and some other character

I amassed quite a few as a kid. Not all of these survived that childhood!

14/17 Minibots (all except Brawn, Windcharger, Cliffjumper); Jazz, Mirage, Hound, Wheeljack, First Aid, Hot Rod, Blurr, Kup, Searchlight, Wideload, Rollbar, Chase, Mudslinger, Roadhandler, Sizzle & Optimus Prime.

Combaticons, Stunticons, Shrapnel, Scavenger, Bonecrusher, Ravage, Rumble, Lazerbeak, Frenzy, Ratbat, Dirge, Ramjet, Scourge, Cyclonus.
    Last edited by dirge; 18th July 2019 at 09:43 PM.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I had a decent G1 collection as a kid.

Optimus Prime
    Jazz
    Sideswipe
    Red Alert
    Ironhide
    Hoist
    Slag
    Bumblebee
    Powerglide
    Beachcomber
    Seaspray
    Roadbuster

Starscream
    Skywarp
    Thrust
    Ramjet
    Dirge
    Soundwave + Buzsaw
    Blitzwing
    Kickback

Ultra Magnus
    Hot Rod
    Blurr
    Kup
    Wheelie
    Hubcap

Galvatron
    Scourge
    Runabout

Crosshairs (won in a competition)
    Hun-Gurr (last TF as a kid)
    Last edited by Kranix; 18th July 2019 at 09:36 PM.

*points at my G1 collection* (see link in signature)
    Most of that was my childhood

Cheap carded toys were often bought during regular shopping trips (e.g. grocery shopping). Boxed toys were either gifts (e.g. bdays, Xmas etc.), but also earnt through a merit point system that my parents had in place. My brother and I would earn points through things like school achievement and doing chores like mopping, vacuuming, cleaning cars, mowing lawns, cleaning the pool, doing the laundry etc etc. We would sometimes get money from grandparents and other relos too. But yeah, Transformers became an incentive for us to work hard at school and home. So between me and brother we managed to collect a good chunk of G1. Then BW came along and my brother went all "TRUKK NOT MUNKEE" and I ended up with his half of our collective collection.

I know you've all seen these pics before, but I'd like you to have a closer look at the 1989 photo

This was a pic of my brother and our cousin who'd come up from Melbourne. We decided to take down our entire TF collection, so we're talking about the majority of TFs released here from 1984-89, and put them all out on the living room floor to have a massive battle. Now you can see that directly in front of our legs are lots of Transformers, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Unfortunately my mother who took this photo was really taking a pic of us kids and wasn't focusing on the toys, but if she'd zoomed out then you would see hundreds of toys laid out in battle. In this photo you can clearly see Pretenders Bumblebee, Landmine and Pincher standing in formation - that's no accident! That was a really epic play session. Needless to say that all of the toys in that photo are standing my shelves today.

There are only 3 of my childhood Transformers that I no longer own, thanks to a burglary. They are:
    * Original G1 Optimus Prime
    * Ultra Magnus
    * Galvatron

Oh, and I no longer own my Galactic Man "Shackwave" nor do I own the pre-TF Microman "Perceptor" which I got from the Easter Show and was probably a counterfeit. But I've since gotten Magnificus which holds a special place in my heart because that's the "Perceptor" that I grew up playing with, and I can't wait to get Siege Galactic Man Shockers (as I'm sure many Aussie fans are, since none of us ever got Shockwave (unless you were lucky enough to have sourced one from overseas)).

All my G1 Transformers are in these photos from many years ago. As a kid Transformers was all I was into so my pocket money and birthday and christmas gifts always included Transformers so I guess I had a lot. I still have all of these.

If you want to play Where's Wally these photos should include:
    Optimus Prime, Prowl, Ratchet, Sideswipe (E, Classic), Sunstreaker (E, Classic), Hoist, Inferno (E, Classic), Skids, Hot Rod, Blurr, Kup, Perceptor, Whirl, Grimlock (G2, Blue), Sludge, Topspin, Bumblebee, Gears, Beachcomber, Cosmos, Powerglide, Seaspray, Warpath, Pipes, Swerve, Tailgate, Wheelie, Hub Cap (G2), Blaster, Eject & Ramhorn, Rewind & Steeljaw, Blades, First Aid, Groove, Hot Spot, Streetwise, Air Raid (E, Classic), Slingshot (E, Classic), Skydive (E, Classic), Silverbolt (E, Classic), Fireflight (E, Classic), Sandstorm (E, Classic), Afterburner, Nosecone, Lightspeed, Scattershot, Rollbar, Wideload, Freeway, Chase (x2), Searchlight, Goldbug, Joyride (w/Hotwire), Fizzle (Sparkabot), Sizzle (Sparkabot), Guzzle, Quickmix (w/ Boomer & Ricochet), Override, Landmine, Sky High (Pretender), Gunrunner, Pincher, Doubleheader, Vroom, Bumblebee (Pretender), Grimlock (Pretender), Jazz (Pretender), Race Car Patrol (Free Wheeler, Roadhandler, and Tailspin ), Off Road Patrol (Highjump, Mudslinger, Powertrain and Tote) , Battle Patrol (Big Shot, Flak, Sidetrack and Sunrunner ), Construction Patrol (Crumple, Groundpounder, Neutro, Takedown ), Hot Rod Patrol (Big Daddy, Greaser, Hubs, Trip-Up), Astro Squad (Barrage/Heave, Moonrock/Missile Master, Phaser/Blast Master ), Metro Squad (Oiler/Slide, Strikedown/Power Run, Wheelblaze/Roadburner ), Erector (w/Trailer), Overload (w/Trailer), Jackpot (w/Sights), Bumblebee (AM, w/Heli-Pack), Jazz (AM, w/Turbo Board), Sideswipe (E, AM, w/Vanguard), Tracks (E, AM, w/Basher), Gripper (E), Flash (E), Skram (E), Zap (E), Spark (E, G2), Manta Ray (G2), Jetfire (Cyberjet), Bumblebee (Gobot)

G1/2 Decepticons
    Megatron (G2, tank), Soundwave & Buzzsaw, Ravage & Rumble, Frenzy & Ratbat, Overkill & Slugfest, Thrust, Scourge, Divebomb, Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Hook, Long Haul, Mixmaster, Bonecrusher, Scrapper, Scavenger, Breakdown, Dead End, Drag Strip, Motormaster, Wildrider, Runabout, Runamuck, Battletrap, Flywheels, Slugslinger (w/Caliburst), Rippersnapper, Sinnertwin, Skullgrin, Iguanus (Pretender), Sparkstalker, Cindersaur, Flamefeather, Nautilator, Overbite (x 2), Tentakil, Ruckus, Starscream (Pretender), Bristleback, Icepick, Scowl, Slog, Wildfly, Birdbrain, Air Strike Patrol (Nightflight, Storm Cloud, Tailwind and Whisper ), Contructor Squad (Grit/Knockout, Sledge/Hammer, Stonecruncher/Excavator), Greasepit (w/Station), Roughstuff (w/Trailer), Axer (w/Off-Road Cycle), Thundercracker (E, AM, w/jet skiff), Falcon (E), Snare (E), Stalker (E), Snipe (E), Terradive (E), Rage (E), Calcar (E)