Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SDCC toy reveals for 2019

Here's a couple of interesting (hidden) tidbits I came across from reading as much as I could from SDCC on the various fansites...

- The Reissue Japanese Dino cassettes were apparently NOT using the original moulds. I can't find the original source of this info, but it is claimed that the archived wooden prototypes were used to create a new batch of moulds for these reissues... so expect to see them milked a fair bit to make their money back off them.
    (it also suggests that Hasbro can re-cast moulds/toolings of older toys if they want to... if it is deemed profitable enough - I wonder if we will see them or TakaraTomy digging out more of the original wooden moulds of the early years to reissue some more rarities)
    I wonder why they used the original wooden prototypes, and get a set of the actual toys to use for the moulds/toolings.

- The "lost" Botbots series 1.5 sets (Bakery Bytes and Lawn League) are still intended for release, probably later this year. It's unknown as to why they were an add-on to series 1 (with updated series 1 checklist inserts), or why they weren't released at some point before series 2 came out.
    It's quite possible that they were intended to be a store exclusive, but the retailer cancelled them after they were already in production.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Here's a couple of interesting (hidden) tidbits I came across from reading as much as I could from SDCC on the various fansites...

- The Reissue Japanese Dino cassettes were apparently NOT using the original moulds. I can't find the original source of this info, but it is claimed that the archived wooden prototypes were used to create a new batch of moulds for these reissues... so expect to see them milked a fair bit to make their money back off them.
    (it also suggests that Hasbro can re-cast moulds/toolings of older toys if they want to... if it is deemed profitable enough - I wonder if we will see them or TakaraTomy digging out more of the original wooden moulds of the early years to reissue some more rarities)
    I wonder why they used the original wooden prototypes, and get a set of the actual toys to use for the moulds/toolings.
    I've assumed for a long time they must be using a new G1 Optimus Prime mould. The original mould was replaced a long time ago by the G2 mould, but given how many times he's been reissued over the years I've assumed that G2 mould must have been replaced by now with a new mould.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Siege Ratchet is a Wallgreens Exclusive
    More Powerdashers are coming than just the one revealed today
    That's awesome about more Powerdashers. I was disappointed when I saw it, because for me Powerdasher was always the Diaclone Jet, not the car or drill. As its just not possible to find a mint in sealed packet Powerdasher jet, its my only chance to ever reclaim ownership of one of my favourite Transformer toys of my childhood.

And for those wanting more detail on Ratchet, the codeword is ARCWELDER.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The Omnibots booster pack for the Trading Card Game is said to be a "Convention Booster Pack", suggesting that it could show up at other events (if WOTC do another exhibit at one of the Australian conventions, it could be something they give out there).
    And the Battle Cards for the Gen1 Blaster Vs Soundwave TCG boxset were posted on the official facebook page, which can be seen here... with some very nice art.

The 10 pack of Micromasters have properly been revealed. They are a Target US exclusive. Props to Griff and Paul for getting so many of the names right.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...k-names/43622/

Road-Police
    Wheel Blaze
    Nightflight
    Slyhopper
    Ground Shaker
    Overair
    Cratermaker
    Fireline
    Aicon
    Irontread

Looks like another one I'll be hunting around for.
    It's strange to see that the 10-pack doesn't have a single WFC number for the entire pack, but has five WFC numbers for the five pairs of Micromasters, as if this was just a box set of five individually released sets. (it was actually on the back of the box in faint lettering, but seemed to have been missed before the 10-pack was found in stores, and people were able to post up photos of the new toys, including this gallery of each one with their previous versions... except the Off-road Patrol, which hasn't been released yet)

• WFC-S58 Road-Police & Wheel Blaze (Redecos of Stakeout and Red Heat)
    • WFC-S59 Ground Shaker & Overair (Redecos of Stormcloud and Visper)
    • WFC-S60 Ricon & Irontread (Retools of the upcoming Off Road Patrol Highjump and Powertrain and our first look at these molds)
    • WFC-S61 Nightflight & Slyhopper (Redecos of Stormcloud and Visper)
    • WFC-S62 Cratermaker & Fireline (Redecos of Flak amd Topshot)

Why is the blue missile tank painted orange with dcon logo in one photo but unpainted in the group shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Why is the blue missile tank painted orange with dcon logo in one photo but unpainted in the group shot?
    That's odd... no idea why.

Original source was after last years cassettes came out...

https://www.allspark.com/forums/topi...ers/?p=3764265

- The "lost" Botbots series 1.5 sets (Bakery Bytes and Lawn League) are still intended for release, probably later this year. It's unknown as to why they were an add-on to series 1 (with updated series 1 checklist inserts), or why they weren't released at some point before series 2 came out.
    It's quite possible that they were intended to be a store exclusive, but the retailer cancelled them after they were already in production.

I've assumed for a long time they must be using a new G1 Optimus Prime mould. The original mould was replaced a long time ago by the G2 mould, but given how many times he's been reissued over the years I've assumed that G2 mould must have been replaced by now with a new mould.
    There are notable mold differences with the hand and blaster rifle so that it can actually be held straight without hitting the arm. So yes definitely a different mold, and I suspect the reason the trailer wasn't included because that would be inordinately more expensive to make
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The Reissue Japanese Dino cassettes were apparently NOT using the original moulds. I can't find the original source of this info, but it is claimed that the archived wooden prototypes were used to create a new batch of moulds for these reissues... so expect to see them milked a fair bit to make their money back off them.
    That's good to hear as I'm skipping the normal decos of Noizu and Gurafi in the hope there will be clear ones (since I only have the clear versions of the other two moulds).
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.