Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: SDCC toy reveals for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Here's a couple of interesting (hidden) tidbits I came across from reading as much as I could from SDCC on the various fansites...

- The Reissue Japanese Dino cassettes were apparently NOT using the original moulds. I can't find the original source of this info, but it is claimed that the archived wooden prototypes were used to create a new batch of moulds for these reissues... so expect to see them milked a fair bit to make their money back off them.
    (it also suggests that Hasbro can re-cast moulds/toolings of older toys if they want to... if it is deemed profitable enough - I wonder if we will see them or TakaraTomy digging out more of the original wooden moulds of the early years to reissue some more rarities)
    I wonder why they used the original wooden prototypes, and get a set of the actual toys to use for the moulds/toolings.
    this is exciting news, I'd love the first two tapes they released last year, without the burden of an unwanted bumblebee toy.
    And I'd love to see some Re-issue love for moulds that have never been done, Mirage, Swoop, Wheeljack... the list goes on.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It occured to me that with all the hype about Unicron we forgot that there wasn't a Titan class toy announced at SDCC.

I wonder if the Seacon toys could be released as a set at the Titan price point?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It occured to me that with all the hype about Unicron we forgot that there wasn't a Titan class toy announced at SDCC.

I wonder if the Seacon toys could be released as a set at the Titan price point?
    Yeah... rumours were circulating that the next Titan would be announced at SDCC. Maybe with Omega Supreme still yet to be released, it was better to be promoting that one, without dividing the attention of people between two upcoming Titans.

I hope the Seacon set isn't at the Titan price point, as those six would add up to AU$200 on their own, and Titans haven't been at that price since Metroplex. It would be an extra $100 just for being in the one box.

Assuming these are Generations Select toys when released (or Takara Toy Store specials) they’ll probably cost as much as a titan to collect — at which point in one box would be a nicer way to get them.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Assuming these are Generations Select toys when released (or Takara Toy Store specials) they’ll probably cost as much as a titan to collect — at which point in one box would be a nicer way to get them.
    I'm still upset the Terrorcons didn't get the one box treatment from TT.

So,

assuming you're able to order from Hasbro Pulse, which I have done successfully already, sending to a mate in the US.
    Am I correct in thinking they will be listing the SDCC exclusives on the 4th of September?

I gots to get me an Ecto Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    So,

assuming you're able to order from Hasbro Pulse, which I have done successfully already, sending to a mate in the US.
    Am I correct in thinking they will be listing the SDCC exclusives on the 4th of September?

I gots to get me an Ecto Prime.
    According to TFW, that's when they are supposed to be up on the site.

yea that's where I got what little information I have

Got my ecto prime this morning, love it!

Gurafi and Noizu - in G1 style US packaging!

I know they already released Zaur and Dile but you had to buy a Bumblebee and their SG versions to get those... would love it they put those two in similar packaging
    People around the world are starting to get the JP Dinosaur Cassette pack with the pair that were NOT part of the Studio Series Bumblebee packs, and they come as originally pictured by Hasbro Pulse, in that it is a single card with the pair of Dino Cassettes on one side and Frenzy on the other side.
    But... if you were thinking of just cutting up the card into its two parts and offloading Frenzy (because it is not a redeco as it was first implied), the back of the joint card is not printed to match what is on the front side. That is, the techspecs and instructions for the Dino cassettes are on the back of Frenzy's half, and vice-versa.
    So not only is it a redundant re-release of Frenzy, you can't get rid of it without sacrificing part of the Dino Cassette's packaging.

Details from post #154 of this TFW news topic, which has the original promo images in the first post... which actually do show that the card backs are on the wrong side, but either no one noticed it, or it was just dismissed for being an early mockup that could have been wrong.

If Zaur and Dial are also going to have the same release, it is likely then that Rumble will be similarly identical, and stuck to the Dino Cassettes on the one card back.