Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers exclusives for the second half of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    It shouldn’t be too bad, but keeping track of all of it is pretty hard.
    I know what you mean. I've made a list in One Note of everything coming out and used that to carefully calculate a budget for the rest of the year to cover all these releases while still putting money in savings and all the day-to-day expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    They also note (which I couldn't tell from the official images of the single-packed Frenzy toy - which could just be a mock-up with a regular Frenzy toy in the pack) that the reason for the single-packed Rumble and Frenzy (since they are also being reissued as a 2-pack with Ravage and Laserbeak), is that they will have a slightly different deco to match their original cartoon colours.
    I hope that is true, as I'd love to have a cartoon coloured "blue one"... and I'd be okay with having it called Rumble on the pack, because it would be an anime-accurate toy.
    (cartoon Frenzy "the red one" we didn't see much of, so if it had much of a different colour scheme to the toy, it probably won't stand out as much)
    I noticed in the pics they had of Frenzy (or the blue one in this instance) that the toy didn't have the fake cassette stickers on his back (tape mode front) thus making it more screen accurate and also slightly naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I noticed in the pics they had of Frenzy (or the blue one in this instance) that the toy didn't have the fake cassette stickers on his back (tape mode front) thus making it more screen accurate and also slightly naked.
    I had another look at the official images and I think it is just a mock-up with the main cassette sticker missing, because the "cassette" stickers are still on the legs, but the legs are on the wrong sides - those stickers should be on the outside of the legs in robot mode, and the cassette mode in the packaging photo shows those stickers being on the same side as the robot chest (and the cassette mode out of packaging shows the "cassette" side with the sculpted sides of the legs which should be the flat sides).
    I hope it is just a mock-up, otherwise, it's an odd waste having an identical common toy released with the two rarities that just drive up the price.

Ravagecat reminded me of the Generations Smokescreen... so that's been added. And the Botbots Arcade 16-pack, which was just added to Amazon America, and could be an exclusive.

So this target red card exclusive redwing. Do we need to get a target us credit card? Will it eventually become available to non red card holders??
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    So this target red card exclusive redwing. Do we need to get a target us credit card? Will it eventually become available to non red card holders??
    I'd say that it would end up being available to everyone at some point, if they don't sell out to the toy dealers who are probably selling them for a markup on ebay.
    Is the Red Card a Target credit card, or just a shopper data collector like the Myer One card or Flybys card here?
    Since Target don't post to known shipping forwarders, if you were going to have it posted to someone in America, maybe get them to order it for you, and pay them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'd say that it would end up being available to everyone at some point, if they don't sell out to the toy dealers who are probably selling them for a markup on ebay.
    Is the Red Card a Target credit card, or just a shopper data collector like the Myer One card or Flybys card here?
    Since Target don't post to known shipping forwarders, if you were going to have it posted to someone in America, maybe get them to order it for you, and pay them for it.
    from the redwing listing on the site you can click to learn more and it looks like an application for a target credit card, or debit card. as far as I can tell. I think Red Card is an encompassing name for all the optional cards, a little like a Myer 1 card.

So far I've balked at the $80 to $100 it's going to otherwise cost to get this guy and many of those listings are selling out so I'm probably going to end up skipping it. I'll ask my mate, but so far I haven't had him order anything for me(he has his own life and a wedding to organise), just used his address when I couldn't use my own. Even the retail price for this OK voyager mould is a little hard to swallow for multiples.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

OMP has Redwing for $56 + post of anyone is keen

Way too many exclusives, this is annoying and frustrating for those of us outside the US trying to collect these things. I hate the fact I just had to stump up $100 for Skywarp because of a stupid exclusive. Putting essential G1 characters behind an exclusive paywalls is super scummy and soured my taste to collect more of this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    OMP has Redwing for $56 + post of anyone is keen
    I kinda want Red Wing for completism. But then I remember he's got jack all story behind him. At least with Windblade and other recent additions to the "G1" lineup, there has been some amount of media to flesh out the character.