Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zing/EB exclusive MP Smokescreen & JP Optimus 2 toy set

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Anyone gotten their Smokescreen?
    Nope. Haven't heard about him or the Optimus 2 pack I ordered through Zing.

^ I'm getting the feeling I should go back to ordering via the Asian based TF retailers.

Called this morning to inquire about the Seacons and Smokescreen, he offered to chase it up and get back to me. Then he emailed me this:

We spoke earlier regarding some of your Transformer preorders.

Another team member had already inquired for another customer for Gulf & Turtler.
    Last week they were updated to TBA by the vendor and unsure on when further information will come through at this stage.

I also asked about Smokescreen and they have let me know that a date has not been committed to and we have updated the expected ETA to sometime early May.

If you like, you are welcome to get back in touch early may and we can follow up to see if any other updates have come through.

Was that a call to head office (customer service) or your local store?

I'm hoping that the "vendor" is their own head office getting these things in and distributing them to the stores... but I'm fearing that they are referring to Hasbro Australia, who may still be operating with a skeleton crew from their homes, which could be slowing down or suspending the importation of their toy products (including the regular retail toys).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I always talk to the people at their call centre. They actually have some idea of what's going on, though they are not perfect. The folk at stores just give the same information that you can see for yourself by going to this address on the EB Games site: https://www.ebgames.com.au/ebworld/o...=openpreorders

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

I'm hoping that the "vendor" is their own head office getting these things in and distributing them to the stores... but I'm fearing that they are referring to Hasbro Australia, who may still be operating with a skeleton crew from their homes, which could be slowing down or suspending the importation of their toy products (including the regular retail toys).
    It was the 13 number. After the call he said he would call "the purchasing team" to get me an update.

Has anyone received their Optimus 2set from Zing yet?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Has anyone received their Optimus 2set from Zing yet?
    Unfortunately no. Went yesterday to pick up Smokescreen and was told that they were slowly coming in. Should've asked when OP was coming in but she mentioned something about Burning Convoy coming soon.

I asked today about the Optimus/Convoy pair while pre-ordering Super Megatron, and was told that the current estimated release date is May 11th (the original release date was January 5th).