Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zing/EB exclusive MP Smokescreen & JP Optimus 2 toy set

Default Zing/EB exclusive MP Smokescreen & JP Optimus 2 toy set

A couple of new pre-order listings on Zing and EB Games for release early next year...

Japanese 35th Anniversary Optimus & Convoy set - this one is a real surprise, and a real treat for us here in Australia. This is a TakaraTomyMall exclusive in Japan (which would also be released in Asia), of two separately packed toys in Gen1 style packaging. One is a reissue of the 1984 Optimus Prime toy (cab only) which was called Convoy in Japan, while the other is a very minor redeco of the 2019 Studio Series Voyager Optimus Prime from the Bumblebee Movie.
    Release date here - January 5th 2020
    Price - AU$160 (pre-order deposit of $50)
    Zing preorder page
    EB Games preorder page

MP-19+ Smokescreen (Anime redeco) - Entertainment Earth in America started releasing these Japanese MP toys earlier this year, with an English slipcase but everything else inside should still be Japanese. Smokescreen is the first one to show up here, so we might be end up getting whatever else EE releases in the future.
    Release date here - January 26th 2020
    Price - AU$130 (pre-order deposit of $30)
    Zing preorder page
    EB Games preorder page

Not sure about the google translation they've done for the Optimus pair, as they have this product description on both pages...

Over 35 years, the original and latest commanders appeared in sets. The original convoy that appeared 35 years ago is bundled with the PKG image of the nostalgic release time and reproduces the design with the header that imaged the car robot format at the time. The Convoy Gun is in a special reproduced version (in which the container section is not included) that includes two types, the early version and the late version. Optimus Prime (studio series version) that appeared in the latest movie changed the colour specification with the image base based on the G1 toy version. It is packed the same as Convoy above and the PKG is designed by assuming if this Optimus Prime was released 35 years ago... It is a set that can enjoy the past of 35 years of history and the present.
    Did no one there check the text, or think to rework it to be more readable?

I feel like EB Games would be perfect to stock a certain planet-sized Transformer. Video game collectors editions often are needlessly huge.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I feel like EB Games would be perfect to stock a certain planet-sized Transformer. Video game collectors editions often are needlessly huge.
    For the price and what it is I think even zing regulars would scoff at it, but then again all I ever see anyone buy is funko pops...

I feel like I need to see the Bumblebee Prime from the set in person before I make a decision. It's a great mould but the colours on the regular release are a little too dull for my liking. If the set improves the colouring by making the colours a bit more vibrant, then I'd be up for it.

I just pre-ordered the Optimus/Convoy set.
    As noted on our facebook page, the price here is actually quite close to the Japanese retail price without shipping, so even if you bought this from an online store or through someone from TakaraTomyMall (who doesn't ship outside of Japan), our price here is going to be way less (which is a refreshing change from the ToysRUs era).
    I do want to note that these are significantly expensive in Japan, so having AU$80 for each Voyager sized toy is intentional, as these are a limited run of special anniversary packaging (and probably some minor deco differences to the actual toys), for those like me who intend to keep these sealed for display, as I already have these two moulds, and don't need to "play" with these two.

I don’t usually buy a second of a MP I already have, but I’m loving the smoke coming out of Smokescreens alt-mode.

Only thing is why is it coming out of the sides of the car? In the cartoon it always came out of the exhaust ports

At any rate, looks good and it’s a decent price but with my TF funds I’ll either have to skip it or wait until somewhere has it on sale

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I don’t usually buy a second of a MP I already have, but I’m loving the smoke coming out of Smokescreens alt-mode.

Only thing is why is it coming out of the sides of the car? In the cartoon it always came out of the exhaust ports

At any rate, looks good and it’s a decent price but with my TF funds I’ll either have to skip it or wait until somewhere has it on sale
    There are other pictures showing you can make it come out of the exhaust pipe, think the main swirling shots are to simulate him being covered in smoke, and to show what you can do other than just the ONE type of shot

Wouldn't it be like doing a burnout... and the smoke accessories should have been placed at the back tyres instead of the front.

EB Games and Zing have taken down the 2-pack Optimus page on their websites so I'm assuming they're already out of stock.