Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Theories: who did Unicron turn into who?

Honestly, this seems like a pretty weird/minor topic for all this twaddlefootin' fuss.

My wishful 'head canon' based mostly on the desire for story and catalogue consistency is as follows:

- Skywarp becomes Cyclonus and Thundercracker becomes Scourge. There is no 'Armada'.
    - Reflector becomes The Sweeps.
    - The Insecticons were never that damaged in the battle and partake in the argument over who should rule. They say they will support whichever candidate can offer them the most energon.
    - Back at the start of the battle of Autobot City we see Utra Magnus give Skyfire the order to get the humans to safety. Chip, Sparkplug and Carly are all seen getting into that great hunk-o-plane and flying off.
    - In the post-battle tidying scene we see various characters corresponding to 1985 Autobot Cars milling about shifting city debris. It is galling to think that any toy or character should last only one year - they were due a minimum of two dammit!
    - Snarl is seen in every scene in which the Dinobots appear.

I could go on but think I'm widening the topic too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Okay this is getting weird
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Honestly, this seems like a pretty weird/minor topic for all this twaddlefootin' fuss.
    Hey, Trent & Sinner might be on the other side of the Cyberfence to Raider and I - but all of us would agree that this is perhaps - no, not perhaps, IS - the most important topic in Transformers Fandom today! Without a resolution of who Unicron turned into Cyclonus, the chances of the new Chaos Bringer figure being made goes from a 'maybe' to a 'no chance at all'.

We are arguing not for our sakes, but for all of yours. And yet no one has thanked any of us yet. No one has said 'good on ya' or sent us a small box of chocolates - nothing. Now that's what I find weird!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Don’t forget I also believe veganism ensures no animal is ever harmed or used in the production of food, the earth is flat, the moon landing was faked, a lack of Pokemon is destroying the Masterpiece line, a woman should not have the right to choose what happens with her own body and having any form of disability means you get to say whatever you like and if people argue back that makes them evil.

You are such such a Cultural Marxist Fallicy-equivalencies Proponent that it’s barely funny.
    TL;DR
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Okay this is getting weird
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    You people sit at home enjoying this hobby of yours, blissfully oblivious to the horrors that we visit upon those that would challenge your way of life, so that you can close your eyes at night and feel safe in the knowledge of who became Cyclonus! And when you finally catch a glimpse of the darkness, of the atrocities committed in your name, this is the thanks we get?

Do you think that if our side loses, the enemy will be content to rest? Nay. They will roll forward and inflict their way of life onto all. Those refusing to recant will be wiped from the fandom as if they had never been. Our interpretation of who became Cyclonus not even a distant memory. What a world!

So here the likes of Sinnertwin, Trev, Raider and I, self appointed proxies in this, our fandoms Holy War, wait. In the shadows, ready to do what is necessary to preserve your way of life and your very souls from the darkness. Risking condemnation from all sides to do What Must Be Done for the continuation of peace within our fandom.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You people sit at home enjoying this hobby of yours, blissfully oblivious to the horrors that we visit upon those that would challenge your way of life, so that you can close your eyes at night and feel safe in the knowledge of who became Cyclonus! And when you finally catch a glimpse of the darkness, of the atrocities committed in your name, this is the thanks we get?

Do you think that if our side loses, the enemy will be content to rest? Nay. They will roll forward and inflict their way of life onto all. Those refusing to recant will be wiped from the fandom as if they had never been. Our interpretation of who became Cyclonus not even a distant memory. What a world!

So here the likes of Sinnertwin, Trev, Raider and I, self appointed proxies in this, our fandoms Holy War, wait. In the shadows, ready to do what is necessary to preserve your way of life and your very souls from the darkness. Risking condemnation from all sides to do What Must Be Done for the continuation of peace within our fandom.
    I don't like to use the term 'hero' often, but we are possibly the greatest heroes in TF-fandom history

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    TL;DR
    Sorry, I'll put it in pictorial form then

Don't overthink it people. Your eyes do not deceive you. Cyclonus is Bombshell.

Unicron doesn't care that Skywarp and Thundercracker were higher up the ranks than the lowly insecticons. He saw them all as junker robots and did with them as he saw fit. Nothing more to it.

<throws a monkey wrench>
    But was it Bombshell or Salvo?

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Skywarp's always been one of my favourites, so this argument always gets me down.

I'd like to say that Skywarp is Cyclonus, however it's clearly Bombshell, in both perspective and timing.

That leaves me with having to push for Skywarp becoming Scourge... but if I'm being honest here, squinting, the colours do seem to be Thundercracker's there

I'd like to think that it was all an error and that Skywarp was always intended to be Cyclonus (the whole two purple jets thing) but then that means I'd have to open myself to the possibility that Skywarp doesn't have the best stats, techspec wise, out of all the Seekers and that just ain't gonna happen.

Okay, I'll add a serious comment to this discussion...

IT DOESN'T MATTER

As this is an unresolvable topic attempting to debate just becomes as useful as a dog chasing its own tail. If you want to believe that it was Skywarp, then fine. If you want to believe that it was Bombshell or Salvo, also fine. Whatever floats your boat.

Personal Opinion That's Not Official Canon:
    I personally believe that Skywarp became Cyclonus and that Salvo became the other Cyclonus. In my head canon all the Insecticons who were jettisoned were clones and the original Insecticons survived (which is why we see them later on).