Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers A Visual Hiistory - Art book by Jim Sorenson

This is the response I got from Book Depository:
    "I'm very sorry, it appears one of our suppliers provided information to us that they were able to supply this, hence the 'pre-order is in' email, but were then not able to provide it and the system automatically cancelled the order due to lack of stock. However, it was then made available to us again from an alternative supplier. You are welcome to place a new order for this title." ... unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's a shame that Amazon Australia has a release date of December 10th, so to save a few dollars, you need to wait an extra month.
    To be honest I don't mind waiting... good Xmas present if it arrives on time.

Totally forgot I had this pre-ordered. Amazon US took $109 out of my card and I ran to my pre-orders to see what it was. I had a quick look on YouTube. It?s not bad but not for me. It?s pretty expensive for a book. Damn Aussie dollar and GST. Luckily it was still in the preparing for shipment phase and they were able to cancel.

Does anyone know what the 5 frame-ready prints look like that come with the limited edition version? I'm not shelling out an extra $20 just for a box with Movieverse characters on it but the prints interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Does anyone know what the 5 frame-ready prints look like that come with the limited edition version? I'm not shelling out an extra $20 just for a box with Movieverse characters on it but the prints interest me.
    Yes. One is the original Transformers Movie Poster, but WITHOUT the logo artwork (so you can really see the beautiful painted artwork). One is the cover to the Marvel Issue 5 with Shockwave (are all dead), minus the logo, the marvel trade dress, the barcode. So there's been some serious touch ups to produce both these pieces. One I think is the Bayverse movie megatron, and I think one is the full artwork for Transformers Siege. Can't remember what the other poster is, but I'm glad I sprung for it just for the movie poster
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Yes. One is the original Transformers Movie Poster, but WITHOUT the logo artwork (so you can really see the beautiful painted artwork). One is the cover to the Marvel Issue 5 with Shockwave (are all dead), minus the logo, the marvel trade dress, the barcode. So there's been some serious touch ups to produce both these pieces. One I think is the Bayverse movie megatron, and I think one is the full artwork for Transformers Siege. Can't remember what the other poster is, but I'm glad I sprung for it just for the movie poster
    Cheers for that mate. Got any links any sites where the prints are shown? I've been looking but can find little.

No pics, but they bonus prints are shown in this video https://youtu.be/vzrC4yPm3jQ which is how I found out. You'll drool over the other artwork in the book too
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    No pics, but they bonus prints are shown in this video https://youtu.be/vzrC4yPm3jQ which is how I found out. You'll drool over the other artwork in the book too
    Good on ya, thanks mate

After waiting all week since it was due on Monday my copy arrived today, in the traditional Book depository mailer. it's in good shape luckily, and very pretty.

I can't wait to sit down and properly flick through it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    After waiting all week since it was due on Monday my copy arrived today, in the traditional Book depository mailer. it's in good shape luckily, and very pretty.

I can't wait to sit down and properly flick through it.
    How did you find it overall? I'm about to order a copy.

As much as I like those limited edition pictures/posters, I think I'm going to go the regular version, not the limited edition version. I can't justify an extra fifty bucks for some more pictures and a special cover.

Edit: I just had a look at the book depository where UM got his from. WAY cheaper than Amazon. $50 & $87 as opposed to $67 & $116. Will prob still go the cheaper option though

I've only had a quick look through, it's nicely presented. There was no real damage from shipping which was nice, there's a little ding in one corner but it's not really noticeable.
    There is a real broad array of material in it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)