Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TCG series 4 officially revealed

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I saw pics of the Sandstorm one on twitter - looks awesome! He was one of my fav toys as a kid so seeing those visual representations of the G1 toy was both cool and nostalgic
    I don't think you were planning on buying any more of the trading cards, but if you did, a series 4 box would probably have a very good chance of having Sandstorm in it.
    After just getting a box of series 3 in the mail this week, I realised that with two character cards in each pack (a big card of regular characters and a small card of Micro or Battle masters), you end up getting 60 character cards in a box... and there are only 48 character cards in series 3, which means you get a lot more of the set than the earlier series boxes.
    I think the series 2 box only gave me just under 20 different character cards out of the 30 packs, but with series 3 I got 39 of the 48 character cards, with 21 duplicates.

Two of the Siege Weaponizer toys have been revealed as Series 4 cards, as new card concepts - they appear to come as two separate small character cards (like the Micromaster and Battlemaster cards) that merge like the Combiner Dreadwind/Darkwing in Series 2... so that they have the robot mode on the combined side, and become two separate weapons on the non-combined side for another character card to use in their add-on slots.
    There is a lot of writing on the cards, so it looks like there are some specific rules for using these cards, which I don't want to try to guess at in case it is wrong.
    You can see the mirrored cards of Brunt and Sixgun from Comicbook and Bigcomic websites (looks like another process of reveals being done from various sources).

Six more battle cards have been revealed on three random sources/sites.

The reveals are really ramping up now with a heap in just the last two days from several different websites.

Two battle cards from twitter.

Four battle cards from a couple of the people who worked on them, which includes three Secret Action cards.

Three more battle cards and the character card for Micromaster Hyperdrive.

And collected from four different sources yesterday - three more Secret Action battle cards (there seem to be a lot of them this series), two more regular character cards (Crosshairs and Mirage) and another Battlemaster (Turbo Board) that looks like it might be homaging another Actionmaster accessory (AM Jazz had one)... and just like the previous two Actionmaster homages, this one isn't based on a known Siege toy.

I saw pics of the Sandstorm one on twitter - looks awesome! He was one of my fav toys as a kid so seeing those visual representations of the G1 toy was both cool and nostalgic
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I don't think you were planning on buying any more of the trading cards, but if you did, a series 4 box would probably have a very good chance of having Sandstorm in it.
    After just getting a box of series 3 in the mail this week, I realised that with two character cards in each pack (a big card of regular characters and a small card of Micro or Battle masters), you end up getting 60 character cards in a box... and there are only 48 character cards in series 3, which means you get a lot more of the set than the earlier series boxes.
    I think the series 2 box only gave me just under 20 different character cards out of the 30 packs, but with series 3 I got 39 of the 48 character cards, with 21 duplicates.
    I thought Trevor was right in to the Card game? It certainly won't be long until his boy will be old enough to take him on and clean him up!

I'm still loving the character art on these cards, it's getting to the point now that a coffee table book wouldn't be feasible, they'd have to make it a multi volume release or it will end up looking like a phone book .
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I thought Trevor was right in to the Card game? It certainly won't be long until his boy will be old enough to take him on and clean him up!

I'm still loving the character art on these cards, it's getting to the point now that a coffee table book wouldn't be feasible, they'd have to make it a multi volume release or it will end up looking like a phone book .
    I am still right into the card game. Great fun to play with my son or friends and the artwork is fantastic! I'd recommend everybody giving it a go

I am still right into the card game. Great fun to play with my son or friends and the artwork is fantastic! I'd recommend everybody giving it a go
    I was about to say I thought you were still into it as I was expecting a battle at our next meet up!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I was about to say I thought you were still into it as I was expecting a battle at our next meet up!
    Sorting out your differences with cards, eh?
    The masculinity is just off the hook crazy