Thread: Zing/Eb Game MP-48 Masterpiece Lio Convoy

Default Zing/Eb Game MP-48 Masterpiece Lio Convoy

Pre-order is up at EB games...
    https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/l...-convoy-figure

...and Zing...
    https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/pr...-convoy-figure

$298 with a $50 disposit

Release date: 20th of Feb 2020

Last edited by griffin; 14th August 2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: added images and zing link

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

A fair enough price, for Zing(whether the figures worth that much is your opinion). Slightly less than JP RRP when converted, depending on where you're buying you might actually save money with Zing once you add in international shipping and tax, especially if the exchange rate gets worse(and it probably will)

lol it's $210 delivered with the collector pin at OhMyPrimus. Thanks for making that decision for me Zing!

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm torn.

To support transformers ANYTHING in Australia or to go with my most trusted of importers who will end up being cheaper because of bulk ordering...also here is an interesting thing.

Why is mpm08 megatron $200 from zing and this is $300, what is it because its a straight up import from Japan, is it because its "more premium" because of more paint, because mp48 is certainly a smaller figure than one of the largest mpm's around, what's the deal with that?

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    I'm torn.

To support transformers ANYTHING in Australia or to go with my most trusted of importers who will end up being cheaper because of bulk ordering...also here is an interesting thing.

Why is mpm08 megatron $200 from zing and this is $300, what is it because its a straight up import from Japan, is it because its "more premium" because of more paint, because mp48 is certainly a smaller figure than one of the largest mpm's around, what's the deal with that?
    Probably because MPM08 is a Hasbro product and MP48 is Takara Tomy product. Remember Takara Tomy are charging ridiculous amounts for figures these days. MSRP for a Siege Deluxe class figure in Japan is over $50 AUD.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Probably because MPM08 is a Hasbro product and MP48 is Takara Tomy product. Remember Takara Tomy are charging ridiculous amounts for figures these days. MSRP for a Siege Deluxe class figure in Japan is over $50 AUD.
    And the msrp for both of them in Japan is 20,000yen (16,000yen if buying from amiami and hlj), but that's more an issue with local purchases as importers get a slight discount to factor in shipping (and I tend to order in bulk so that helps my cause).

One thing though, even though mpm's aren't as glamorous as mp's you *can't* call them a straight hasbro product, they're billed as a jointed product (plus the usual garbage of same designers same factories etc its just really hasbro saying skimp an accessory here and some paint there), just doesn't feel fair, I honestly wish mp's were a LITTLE closer to what mpm's do (design wise, apart from mpm04 I have more fun with them than mp's).

I guess it would make more sense to me if megatron was more expensive being such a big boi, since he still isn't a 2 step himself

I am loving these Zing/EB pre-orders
    MPM-08
    MPM-09
    MP18+
    MP48....
    Very happy with the local offerings...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    lol it's $210 delivered with the collector pin at OhMyPrimus. Thanks for making that decision for me Zing!
    I had a look at their site, and it's weird that their SG amount (SG$190 + SG$16 shipping) converts to au$220 at the current exchange rate... but when you use their site to convert their prices to AU$, it only comes to AU$210. Obviously best to pay by AU$ on that site. (either way it is a lot cheaper, even compared to Japanese listings)

It is indeed puzzling why this one is so much more expensive on Zing/EB, but maybe the question is why OMP is selling it so cheaply, as the JP retail price converts to about AU$300, so if you were buying this in Japan, it would be the same price. (fortunately some online stores like HLJ have a 20% discount for pre-ordering it, so it comes down to AU$240 plus shipping... which would still just be a little cheaper than the Zing/EB price).

I guess with MPM Megatron being about AU$100 cheaper than it was supposed to be, and this one being more expensive than some Asian options, it's just a matter of win-some-lose-some... or EB Games didn't think that they would sell many of Lio Convoy, so need to make more per unit.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I had a look at their site, and it's weird that their SG amount (SG$190 + SG$16 shipping) converts to au$220 at the current exchange rate... but when you use their site to convert their prices to AU$, it only comes to AU$210. Obviously best to pay by AU$ on that site. (either way it is a lot cheaper, even compared to Japanese listings)
    I've already raised this with Dennis, his currency rates that he quotes are way out of date. It is quite misleading because you can't actually pay in A$ on his site, only S$.

So basically just look at his S$ prices and convert using the exchange rate quoted by Google to know what your cost will be excluding any FX fees (my Citibank account has zero FX fees).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

It is indeed puzzling why this one is so much more expensive on Zing/EB, but maybe the question is why OMP is selling it so cheaply, as the JP retail price converts to about AU$300, so if you were buying this in Japan, it would be the same price. (fortunately some online stores like HLJ have a 20% discount for pre-ordering it, so it comes down to AU$240 plus shipping... which would still just be a little cheaper than the Zing/EB price).

I guess with MPM Megatron being about AU$100 cheaper than it was supposed to be, and this one being more expensive than some Asian options, it's just a matter of win-some-lose-some... or EB Games didn't think that they would sell many of Lio Convoy, so need to make more per unit.
    I spoke to local zing staff...maybe not the best people to ask since they can't make the choices lol, I could be dumb and assume the megatron's are hk stock and lio convoys are JP stock but (considering they all come from taiwan) it seems convoluted at best.

Your theory on lioconvoy is one of my theories as well, the other theory being "oh bay-formers, BLEH" so megatron somehow gets a discount and lio convoy "oh look he looks like prime" and gets an increase.