Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard Quiz Application

Default Hard Quiz Application

Come one come all! Who would be the best person to have as a contestant on the Hard Quiz tv show? Expert subject transformers ofcourse

Then that person applies to be on the show!!!

I’d end up punching that Tom in the mouth if I was on that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Come one come all! Who would be the best person to have as a contestant on the Hard Quiz tv show? Expert subject transformers ofcourse

Then that person applies to be on the show!!!

I think someone has been watching the reruns that have been on a lot lately (from the ABC cashing in on their new Gold Logie winner), because applications closed May 19th for the next series.

I applied earlier this year while they were taking applications for series 5 (to be filmed September-October). It was a very thorough online application form, and I was invited to attend the group auditions that were held in different capital cities (some people flew a long way to get to the Brisbane one).
    They had about 100 people in the Brisbane group (on the 29th of May - fortunately it was a Saturday, so I could get to it), and they only took 15 people from the group to go through to the show (probably the same amount for each other city).
    When they were interviewing me at the group audition, they seemed concerned that Transformers was too great a topic to cover, as they were asking me a lot of questions about what areas of the Brand was I most familiar with, so that they could probably focus questions on that (like the actual toys, the designers, the original cartoon, the recent movies).
    Suffice to say, I didn't get through, otherwise I would have been telling you all to look out for me on the show early next year.
    (it's certainly a long process - applications open while the show is on at the beginning of the year, the audition phase is May-June, filming is Sept-Oct, and the episodes then screen around Jan-March)

So after experiencing that whole process myself, what I was going to do when the next series starts airing next year, if they announce a sixth series is coming and they want people to apply, I was going to post up a topic here with all of the details to coordinate several of us to apply, but only on specific areas of Transformers like, Transformers Movies, Transformers toys, Transformers Original Series, Japanese Transformers, Transformers Beast Wars.
    Hopefully that improves our chances of getting someone on the show with the topic of Transformers.

Hmm, thats interesting to know. My wife and others have been bugging me to go on that show and answer TF questions. I always replied that the questions would probably be too obscure for me to answer (what was the subordinate colour scheme on G2 Dirtbag or something). But maybe next round I should have a crack if you can make it a specific category of Transformers.

I'm betting the TF questions would be a lot harder than the 3 I had to answer on radio - they weren't particularly challenging
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 9th August 2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So after experiencing that whole process myself, what I was going to do when the next series starts airing next year, if they announce a sixth series is coming and they want people to apply, I was going to post up a topic here with all of the details to coordinate several of us to apply, but only on specific areas of Transformers like, Transformers Movies, Transformers toys, Transformers Original Series, Japanese Transformers, Transformers Beast Wars.
    Or even a specific character? They seem to have had a lot of contestants with specific knowledge of a sportsperson like a tennis player or cricketer.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I had a look at the wiki page for Hard Quiz, and I was wrong about Series 4 already being screened - it looks like they had a 4 month break mid-season, and started playing new episodes again on Wednesday nights a couple weeks before Autocon posted above. It also looks like they had a 5 month break mid-season last year as well, which is odd, because the gap between seasons is only a month.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Or even a specific character? They seem to have had a lot of contestants with specific knowledge of a sportsperson like a tennis player or cricketer.
    We could certainly do that too, as iconic characters like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron, would be recognisable enough by ordinary people for the show's producers to probably consider (and won't prevent someone from applying to a more broader theme, like they do with sports and sports-people).

Well stop the presses... it looks like they've started taking applications for Series 6, as they have just put up their series six page here, which shows you what topics have already been used (including the 5th series episodes that mustn't have aired yet), and unlike the Series 5 application page, they have added all of the "Tom's Round" topics as well, which means they are off-limits too.

OKAY... since I'm not applying again, who here would like to, and what area of Transformers are you focussed on, or is your strength, so that we can have several of us applying this time without any duplicates. When we have a few people posting up their interest, and juggle themes if necessary, we can start the application process together, and I can help out any with any questions you may have.
    I would be guessing that the cut-off should be the same as the last series, which would be around next April... but just in case, we can try to sort this out over the next few weeks.
    (you will be asked on your application form to nominate a second area of expertise as a backup - pick something that isn't Transformers related... the more unusual or obscure, the better)

And if we manage to get someone on the show next year, we will have to find out when their episode is taping so that some of us can be in the audience to cheer them on.

I’d be willing to apply and do either The Combaticons or Transformers Animated

Considering I just recently found out I'd been taking Thundercracker and Skywarp's personalities not from, as I assumed, the G1 cartoon, but from what I can only guess was 'made them up when I was eight', I may sit this one out.

Really though my chance at Hard Quiz went away as soon as Star Trek got taken. Although looking at that list, I wonder if they consider She-Ra to be a separate category to Masters of the Universe...

I think, given his popularity, Optimus Prime would be the topic to pick.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I think, given his popularity, Optimus Prime would be the topic to pick.
    Bladestorm would be a good applicant.