Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicron at Zing/EB Games

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Dennis is quite a reasonable guy...have you tried asking if you can at least transfer your Unicron deposit to something else in the store?

I was not particularly bothered with the hassle of being a part of this, but with EB games/Zing coming into the picture...I just pull the trigger on Unicron. And if it helps tick up the backer numbers...
    Dennis did a full refund and was quite cheerful about it. Can't say that of many retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Dennis did a full refund and was quite cheerful about it. Can't say that of many retailers.
    Great outcome, he is quite the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Wow, thats a great outcome. Props to Dennis, just confirms why I recommend him so highly.

At least he isn't stuck with unpaid stock, as the items haven't been charged to him yet... it's just a bit of a hassle to deal with cancellations and refunds, which I imagine would be gladly done to keep a regular customer.

That and since he isn't asking for full payment upfront, less unicorn orders means less investment on his end as well.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Zing (but not EB) on facebook, posted up their announcement just a little under 24 hours after our facebook posting, and have already had as many likes and shares as our posting, in just four hours... and twice as many comments.

They do have over 60,000 followers, compared to our 1,350... but I'm still surprised that there are so many "regular" people out there interested in Unicron, who aren't part of any online Transformers fandom, to not already know about Unicron coming to Australia.

The good news is that it can only be a good thing for our numbers in Australia... if our numbers count towards the 8,000 target (which I've asked for confirmation, because we aren't paying in August, so mustn't be counted).

Maybe that's more just zing/EB pre-order policy, they would have had to pay Hasbro up front for the ectotrons.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

The good news is that it can only be a good thing for our numbers in Australia... if our numbers count towards the 8,000 target (which I've asked for confirmation, because we aren't paying in August, so mustn't be counted).
    Taken from the product listing on EB website:

"EB Games in partnership with Hasbro is giving you the opportunity to preorder the Cybertron Unicron figure locally, here in Australia, with all preorders counted towards the crowdfunding 'Backers' target. For this future to become a reality, Hasbro requires 8,000 backers worldwide and every order placed counts to this target! You have until August 31st so get your preorder today!"

That confirms that the preorders count towards the 8000 does it not?

Yeah did my order today

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Hasbro requires 8,000 backers worldwide and every order placed counts to this target!
    Wait, so does that mean Takara Tomy's numbers count also?