Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicron at Zing/EB Games

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Wait, so does that mean Takara Tomy's numbers count also?
    I thought it was confirmed in something official that this was the case. I'll try find the link.

Goggle translate on the TTMall site says:

"Hasbro's crowdfunding “HAS Lab” project “Unicron” will be accepted at Takara Tomy Mall in Japan!
    It will be commercialized when the target number is reached worldwide. "

I feel like the contribution of Takara Tomy and even Hasbro Australia?s pre-orders to the crowdfund total is about as clear as mud. Clearly the crowdfund ticker isn?t being updated with overseas orders and the fact that full payment is received AFTER release of Unicron shows this isn?t a typical crowdfund process.

Pure speculation and opinion here, but I feel like the sluggish uptake of the Hasbropulse crowdfund, combined with a not insignifcant desire to see this toy released outside of the US, has led to this frankenstein of a preorder / crowdfund system being thrown at us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I feel like the contribution of Takara Tomy and even Hasbro Australia?s pre-orders to the crowdfund total is about as clear as mud. Clearly the crowdfund ticker isn?t being updated with overseas orders and the fact that full payment is received AFTER release of Unicron shows this isn?t a typical crowdfund process.

Pure speculation and opinion here, but I feel like the sluggish uptake of the Hasbropulse crowdfund, combined with a not insignifcant desire to see this toy released outside of the US, has led to this frankenstein of a preorder / crowdfund system being thrown at us.
    I agree with your last point. They realised early on they wouldn't make 8000 alone and, thankfully, did the smart thing and found other ways to boost the numbers. From what I understand, the non-US sales won't change the number on Hasbro Pulse, as those numbers are to be added on 31 August. So we won't really know until it finishes.

I'm definitely going to try put down 2 pre-orders of Unicron, 1 at EB and 1 at Zing. Not sure exactly where I would display/store both but guess that's something for 2021 me to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    I'm definitely going to try put down 2 pre-orders of Unicron, 1 at EB and 1 at Zing.
    Out of curiosity, why separate your order between two stores? Zing is owned by EB Games and in many cases, EB Games stores and Zing stores are combined into a single store.

Out of curiosity, why separate your order between two stores? Zing is owned by EB Games and in many cases, EB Games stores and Zing stores are combined into a single store.
    Or literally right next to each other.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Yea, I know and there's a few combined ones around here in Brisbane but luckily Garden City has them separate.

I definitely could order both at the same store but I have a feeling I'd only be able to transport one at a time. They'd probably be kind enough to let me take one and hold the other but they might not so just planning ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Yea, I know and there's a few combined ones around here in Brisbane but luckily Garden City has them separate.

I definitely could order both at the same store but I have a feeling I'd only be able to transport one at a time. They'd probably be kind enough to let me take one and hold the other but they might not so just planning ahead.
    I can understand that. At the store I work at we do not allow anyone to leave paid for or personal items behind.

The temptation was too great. I pre-ordered him at my local EB Games, no problem at all other than their shock at his final price and the size of him.

I get the feeling the overseas orders will far outweight the US ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    That and since he isn't asking for full payment upfront, less unicorn orders means less investment on his end as well.
    Less unicorn orders?! Deadpool will be so disappointed.