Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9192425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicron at Zing/EB Games

Thanks for the links on how to do the stand, etc. The instructions definitely needed a bit more work.

Also in case anyone has limited space like I do, the legs on the stand can be taken off by unscrewing a small screw underneath. I took off one to fit on my display and it seems sturdy enough. Better than going without a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just wanted to let people know, as I asked at the store today - you have 7 days to return it after you have opened it, if it has something significantly wrong and you prefer a refund.
    After that, it could be like games & consoles, in that it could be more difficult to get a refund or replacement after that, as it it could be claimed that you had enough time to find something wrong and could have damaged it yourself.
    Australian consumer law covers defective items, but there has to be a limit to the amount of time you take to find out that an item is defective, and I guess EB Games limits theirs to 7 days due to most of their sales are computer games and consoles.
    (not defending them, just passing on what I was told - but I would imagine that people here getting Unicron have waited almost 18 months for it and spent nearly a grand... it would be unusual to just leave it sealed in the box for more than a few days, even if it is just to have a sneak peek at the awesomeness)

It took me two trips to get my two home, as I could only fit it through the front passenger door of my car... just. The back doors and boot were too small for a commodore sedan.
    I'll wait until the weekend to open them.
    I would have offered to give you a hand getting them home... But one may have accidently got lost on the trip

Happy to see you guys getting them. Sad I missed out, hopefully at some point Hasbro may think of doing a second run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post

Happy to see you guys getting them. Sad I missed out, hopefully at some point Hasbro may think of doing a second run.
    Dude.... everyone who bought would murder Hasbro if they rereleased. It was advertised as a one shot never to be rereleased.

Sad to say, your on the secondary market for one if you do want

valkyrie_76 was talking about selling theirs a few pages ago.

I got a call late Tuesday arvo and am picking up today. I am walking there from work so I brought the collapsible hand trolley.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Dude.... everyone who bought would murder Hasbro if they rereleased. It was advertised as a one shot never to be rereleased.

Sad to say, your on the secondary market for one if you do want
    Why would everyone want to murder them? Lots of people missed out due to the short time to purchase etc. Heck, I didn't even know EB was stocking it otherwise I would have one. I am under no presumption or expectation that they would do it today, or tomrorow, but possibly in a few years. I doubt they would let that mould go to waste.

And yes.. Im not paying scalper prices for it. As much as I'd love one, I can easily pass it up at over $2k + postage.

We had almost 2 months and only had to pay $100 deposit
    plus it was on most Transformers news sites that EB and Zing was getting it. I'd understand if you were in the US and had to pay it upfront but almost no excuse if you wanted it at the time here in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    plus it was on most Transformers news sites that EB and Zing was getting it. I'd understand if you were in the US and had to pay it upfront but almost no excuse if you wanted it at the time here in Australia.
    Yeah most Transformers news sites, which at the time I wasn't following. I only saw the US announcement pre-order with no news of an Aussie list.

Anyways, it was a "hope" and not hating on anyone who has it, or complaining I missed out, im happy for everyone he is an amazing figure - I dunno why I feel like Im having to defend myself over a "hope" for people who missed out and the attitude I am getting because of it.

I'll bow out of this thread now... Again, hope everyone enjoys Unicron

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Opinions may change over time though. You might not have wanted one then but after seeing 1+ years of news about it from production shots to final shots, it may have changed your mind. I didn't order one but seeing members starting to gets their now and how excited everyone is, I feel like being swayed into the hype, but then I have to remind myself I didn't want to spend nearly a grand on one figure (no matter how amazing the character or figure is).
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimoinj View Post
    Good luck. Mine was negotiated in 2019 via reverse psychology. Never expected in the end she'd encourage me to get it!
    I was in the same boat, my wife said it was awesome. I rearranged and made my own shelves (the over a year ran out of room for him). But things change, finances change, house plans change... as a result mine has been in the boot since Tuesday afternoon, dreading having to tell my wife I actually went through with it.

Sorry, I came off really mean in my post and that wasn't my intention.

I can certainly understand if you weren't initially interested or unaware of it happening at all but more info or even the show changed your mind although I personally would've put down the $100 deposit anyway since you could always cancel.

Heck, I originally had 2 but cancelled one and selling my other one to someone who missed out.

I just find it hard to sympathise that much with someone who knew about, wanted it but missed the Australian preorders when you could do a Google search to confirm whether it was coming here or not.
    Last edited by nalops; 8th April 2021 at 01:05 PM.