Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicron at Zing/EB Games

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I would probably prefer them to have a payment plan though, as it will help prevent being hit with a big amount at some point in 2021... which could see a fair few people suddenly unable to pay (not that Zing/EB would have a problem selling any unsold Unicrons at that point).
    Usually with preorders at ebgames you can go in and put smaller increments leading up to release. A bit of hassle but it kinda helps.

this is a really great announcement!
    on one hand, it doesn't matter where you get this if it is made, it is a super expensive and huge figure. on the other hand, FOMO.... :/

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Wondering if we can pre-order in store. Guessing not considering their line about charging close to the release date. Definitely hoping it gets enough backing.
    It should be possible to pre-order in store, as most of these items usually are... and since they should be taking credit card details and contact details, they would just charge the remainder in 2021... if your credit card is still valid by then. EDIT - Actually, if you are picking up in-store, you will pay for it when picking it up, so it doesn't matter if the card that pays the deposit is still valid in 2021. If you are getting it delivered though, it might be best to use a credit card that doesn't expire before about mid-2021, just in case they can't get a hold of you when it is released, and they can't charge your card for the remainder.

Next time I am near one, I will go in and ask.
    Last edited by griffin; 8th August 2019 at 06:58 PM.

This is really awesome. 2021 is so far away, it’s hard to pull the trigger yet. But definitely going to soon.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Pre-ordered two.

Now to hope that it gets made.
    If it does, I'll see if Zing/EB can take payments over the next year, so that it isn't a last minute big payment, that some of us might not be able to put together at short notice (we might not get much warning of its release).

Quote Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
    Usually with preorders at ebgames you can go in and put smaller increments leading up to release. A bit of hassle but it kinda helps.
    If that's true, that's what I'll be doing, and I'll be encouraging others to do it as well, to make sure that they get it when it is released (there would be a big waiting list by then, so if it is put up for sale, it won't be around long enough for people who couldn't pay the rest, to save up and pay for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Was on the fence to be honest, but now the preorder has been done!
    I was exactly the same. And now I have $100 less in my account
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Pre-ordered two.

Now to hope that it gets made.
    If it does, I'll see if Zing/EB can take payments over the next year, so that it isn't a last minute big payment, that some of us might not be able to put together at short notice (we might not get much warning of its release).
    I don’t know how web preorders work, but store orders are fine for taking payments anytime.

And a secret... if the release date occurs and you are lacking, you can swap it into a layby

Well, hopefully you can pre-order in store as I'd be able to use RACQ e-gift cards which are 7% off. If I could use the gift cards for the whole thing, I'd be able to save almost $60.

Sigh. I guess I should have waited a while before I ordered from Oh My Primus. Still, it will be interesting to see if Unicron shows up at EB Games/Zing in a timely manner as many previous EB Games Transformers items have often been months behind foreign releases.