Released here - Exclusive, purchased online
    Approximate Retail Price - N/A
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Cybertronian ambulance/van
    Main Features/Gimmicks - repair bay mode
    Main Colours - white, red, silver
    Main Accessories - G1 style missile and faux launcher, wrench

What a struggle it was to get this guy! Thanks Hasbro for yet another exclusive....
    Okay, that aside, how does this figure stack up compared to Ironhide? Thankfully, he's improved in just about every way, which is lucky since he is most likely going to cost you more than Ironhide.

I like the retooled bumper on the vehicle mode. His arms blend in better than Ironhide's too thanks to the deco.
    Overall, it works as a convincing Cybertronian van or ambulance if you want to stretch it that far.

I know this is super nitpicky, but I like that you don't have to twist Ratchet's head to make it fit in the canopy.
    I also like they changed the window colour from clear to blue as it makes for a good contrast with the white deco.

When it comes to retooling, Ratchet has more than you'd think. His front bumper, upper and lower arms, front leg panels, head, crotch, back and even wheels have been altered from Ironhide.
    Most of it is inconsequential, but the fact that they bothered is still appreciated. As far as the bot mode goes, it has a good range of articulation. A bit chunky, but not too bad.

Now for the "repair bay" mode, which totally wasn't a fan mode that Hasbro staff came up with while messing with Ironhide.
    It's not perfect, but it works well enough. This is where the new accessories really shine.

All in all, a major improvement on Ironhide. One last thing worth mentioning is his panels hold together much better than Ironhide's and don't randomly pop off during transformation.
    Again, this figure is going to cost you more than Ironhide, so it had better be as good as it can be in every way and I feel it is. If you have the means to get it, don't hesitate.
    Last edited by Tha_Phantom; 15th August 2019 at 02:45 PM.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Good review. I definitely want this guy, especially given the repair bay mode (very First Aid from IDW) but I think the cost is going to be a bit prohibitive for me.

Sigh... so many figures I would have bought this year if they hadn't decided to make every 2nd Siege toy a super-expensive exclusive

Thanks for the review. Mine cost an absolute fortune so it’s good to see it’s half decent (haven’t opened it yet)

Seige Retchat

Not my thing, but it is a very nice looking toy. The head sculpt is gorgeous and the paint apps are well done... and the battle damage is actually reasonably well done (this coming from someone who hates battle damage paint ops). The accessories are very cool. The repair bay mode both silly and nifty at the same time.

As someone who already owns a Henkei and MP Ratchet, this toy doesn't really do anything for me. The gap in the vehicle mode still bugs me (as it did on Ironhide). The biege wheels look wierd... I would've preferred black (especially to contrast against the white body), but hey.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Odd, my ironhide's head fits just fine in vehicle mode, face down just like ratchet :S

But otherwise I really like this ratchet, usually I'm mp only and save store bought (sorta) figures for obscure characters but he's alot more fun than my mp to mess with and he looks the part

Ahhh he looks so nice, but everywhere seems sold out of him

He looks so very perfect. I’ve been trying to track one down for a while, but keep coming up short. I did digging around HK and Malaysia shipping forwarders, but the costs are ridiculous. $90-120 USD to ship a single Ratchet. Dunno if it’s HK export stuff or DHL being ludicrous or whatever.

Was really hoping Hasbro Australia would give us a similar treatment to what Canada is getting, but it doesn’t look promising based on the info we have. Character shouldn’t have been an exclusive (and a really specific one) in the first place.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Annndddd gone :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    Annndddd gone :'(
    Yeah he seems a very popular figure. I’ve noticed a few on EBay now though. There was none on there when I got mine a month or so ago.