View Poll Results: Worth buying?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 25.00%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if something else (please specify)

1 12.50%
  • No

1 12.50%
  • Not even interested

4 50.00%

Thread: Toy Review - CENTURION

Default Toy Review - CENTURION

POWER X-TREME
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - War for Cybertron
    Hypo-line - Trilogy
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Repaint of Siege Brunt
    Wave - N/A
    Released here - June 2019 (independant store)
    Approximate Retail Price - $45
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Cybertronian Tank
    Main Features/Gimmicks - splits into armour
    Main Colours - grey, silver
    Main Accessories -
    • For Optimus Prime: Ion Blaster, Energon axe, Roller

• For HasLab Unicron: tiny Optimus Prime figurine❋

• For Megatron: Energon flail

• Megatron in gun mode

• Bumblebee's standard pistol❋

• Ironhide's arm-mounted drill❋

• Cliffjumper's glass gas rifle❋

• Sideswipe's rocket pack❋

• Trailbreaker's radar dish❋

• Reflector in camera mode❋

• Soundwave in WalkMan mode

• Shockwave in gun mode

• Hound's cage for Ravage

• x2 Energon cubes

Let's face it, we're all here to see the accessories.
    NOTE: Mine came missing Trailbreaker's radar dish, so... I can't take any pics of it.
    ❋ = comes unpainted. I have painted some of my accessories, but be aware that these pieces come entirely in grey.

OVERALL: I'm obviously disappointed that my set is missing Trailbreaker's radar dish. But I'm also disappointed that so many of the accessories are unpainted, given the premium price that we're paying plus the rather monotonous colour scheme on the Centurion figure itself. You'd think that they could've spared the budget for a few measly drops of paint. Note that the cage is made of clear plastic - a stress mark has already developed on part of mine.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 10th November 2020 at 12:05 AM.

I'm with you Gok. I absolutely adore the concept of having an accessories pack, but the execution could have been better. I don't even mind having to buy a character I'm not attached to to get it, as Brunt is such a good mould anyway, but yeah a lot more of the accessories would benefit from some paint. Also some of the 5mm pegs don't fit without being filed down. It was not fun filing down the peg on Megatron's mase as there is so little clearance around the peg you can only really do one section. There were some really weird choices made too such as Prime's gun being so large. That gun is also painted rather than moulded in black plastic, along with Ravage's cage. The paint budget could have been more effectively used on other accessories in the set.

Moving on from the wah wah, I did have a lot of fun giving the various accessories to different figures. I've decided Siege Starscream can hold Shockwave and Earthrise Starscream can hold Megatron. There was a random gun in the pack which I gave to Hubcap just to differentiate him from Cliffjumper a bit further and I've given the Bumblebee gun to my Takara Legends (Titans Return) Bumblebee until I get the Netflix in hand.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Finally managed to pick this set up through a fellow fan for about $100

It's more than I was hoping to pay, but less than what they're going for on ebay.

The Centurion Drone is a nice figure in and of itself. It's pretty much exactly the same as Brunt, but matches the Stormbringer model pretty well.

Moving on to the accessory pack which I think interested most people:

- I've had some issues with the mace and axe on Prime and Megatron. The axe seems designed in terms of direction to suit Prime's right arm as per More Than Meets the Eye Pt 2, however doesn't appear to fit over the hand properly on that side. The axe fits better on the left side, but is then oriented wrongto be effective.

• Megatron's mace is a tight fit on the Siege figure, but seems to fit better on my G2 Earthrise Megs. Does anyone have any experience in filing down the post to make it a less tight fit?

• The Megatron gun is great, but I seem to struggle getting the silencer on to the gun barrel. I notice that Goktimus doesn't have his all the way down, so I wonder whether this is a limitation of the moulding or whether using a jewelery file to open up that slide would make it fit better. Similarly I love the Shockwave gun.

• Prime's ion cannon is great and wonderfully moulded. It appeared too large to me in photos, but seems okay in person, depending on how you have Prime hold it. It could probably have been about 20% smaller and would have been perfect. It seems designed mainly to reflect the scene in TFTM where he holds it two handed taking out the Decepticons in the hallway

• Roller on the other hand feels too small and really should be about 20% larger for my tastes. Making him too much wider would have probably made issues trying to hold in the trailer, however he could have been easily made longer and taller to feel a bit more substantial.

• The jetpack is great, and works well with both Prime and Sideswipe, although the fit is slightly harder around Prime's backpiece.

• The Soundwave and Reflector pieces are well sculpted and are nice additions. Skywarp now holds Soundwave and Thundercracker is now holding Reflector.

• The cage is a fun piece, but is strange in how it was moulded to split along the diagonal. I haven't tried putting Ravage in it, but is a nice addition.

• There's little more to say about the remaining pieces - Bumblebee's gun, Cliffjumper's glass gun, Ironhide's drill and Trailbreaker's radar dish - they are as they appear. Nicely moulded.

• The Energon cubes are fun accessories, but haven't spend too much time with them.

Overall, I really like the idea of the accessory kit, but feel it was let down a little by a series of choices in its production. It seems that everything was moulded in either grey or clear, which means that paint was then needed for features like the ion cannon and Roller, which then impacted the ability to paint other pieces of the set. We'll probably never know the size of the mould sprue that they were using, but if it was me I would have done the following:
    Black - Prime's Rifle, Roller's wheels, Ravage's cage, Megatron's Scope
    Blue - Roller, Soundwave, Reflector
    Grey - Jetpack, Megatron, Shockwave and other guns
    Clear Purple - Mace & Energon Cubes
    Clear Yellow - Axe
    This would have freed up some paint budget to better colour the grey accessories, maybe using black and a purple/light blue
    Last edited by Seraphim Prime; 19th January 2021 at 04:26 PM.

Considering the Centurion/Weapon pack set has been hard to get I have used Siege Mirages blaster as an extension for Earthrise Primes gun to give him the extended blaster. Will end up using Kingdom Huffer/Pipes to pull his trailer instead of Roller.

It's a shame that such an important add on set was made in limited quantities

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    • The Megatron gun is great, but I seem to struggle getting the silencer on to the gun barrel. I notice that Goktimus doesn't have his all the way down, so I wonder whether this is a limitation of the moulding or whether using a jewelery file to open up that slide would make it fit better. Similarly I love the Shockwave gun.
    FYI.... the barren extension is not supposed to sit flush against the main gun body/megs chest. The toy has a small sleeve at the end of the bulkier part of the barrel, and the Cartoon animated this as such as well. Google G1 Megatron gun and check the images