View Poll Results: Have/Will you be ordering Unicron?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I haven't and wont be

22 33.33%
  • I haven't but will be

3 4.55%
  • Undecided

7 10.61%
  • I've ordered 1

28 42.42%
  • I've ordered 2

6 9.09%
  • I've ordered 3+

0 0%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Will you be buying Unicron?

It all boils down to whether or not you're going to regret purchasing or regret skipping this toy. If you think that you're going to feel buyer's remorse then skip it. If you're going to feel, uh, skipper's remorse?... then get it. Sure beats paying some stupid scalper's above RRP later on.

"But what if I'm undecided?"
    Then pre-order it from EB/Zing. Seriously. The great thing about pre-ordering from EB/Zing is that you are under no obligation to complete your purchase. You can change your mind at any time up until opening the damn toy. EB/Zing allow you to cancel at any time, even after the toy has arrived for you and any money that you've deposited will be refunded. Even after you purchase the toy and bring it home, as long as you haven't opened the toy and it's still a recent purchase, you can still bring it back and refund it. This is the great thing about pre-ordering/purchasing from a brick and mortar store; change of mind and refunds are so much easier! And really, you've got about 16 months to think about it; and at any time you can cancel your order.
    (Source: I explicitly spoke with an EB employee about this)

But yeah, who cares if other people want to buy it or not? Unless you're a completist then we ALL selectively choose to purchase and not purchase specific toys. We all have our essential and non-essential purchases. I really want to get Siege Galactic Man but others couldn't care less. This is no different... aside from the massive price. But as I said, the EB/Zing option gives you the choice to reserve the toy now and change your mind later.

Too big and too expensive for me, sadly.

After just a week, just over half of the 43 voters (23) have said that they are buying at least one, or intend to before the cut-off date.... and that's from 59 people who have read this topic. Not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    After just a week, just over half of the 43 voters (23) have said that they are buying at least one, or intend to before the cut-off date.... and that's from 59 people who have read this topic. Not too bad.
    I voted undecided. I really am finding it hard to get excited for this thing. I did actually place a $5 preorder deposit, but will probably cancel it if I win a particular auction this weekend.
    To everyone who does want it, I hope it happens and I hope it's worth it to you.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

There's still another tax return to lodge before this is due, so it's practically paid for itself anyway I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    The number of backers on the Pulse site is misleading as it does not include international orders. Ì was always going to source one and thankfully Zing decided to import it. I think that decision will see a lot of Aussie collectors grab it now. I'm confident it will get made.
    The site is still only listing the US orders, which is a bit over 3000 now, but they did also announce separately on the weekend that they have received 1500 orders so far from overseas sources. So that brings the total to around 4.5k with a bit over a week to go to reach the 8000/

I wonder if Japan is interested in Cookie Monster? It's at 570/3000 backers with less than one day to go.

With less than 6 days to go, for those still undecided or intending to order here is a list of all the places you can order Unicron and their comparative prices:

Hasbro Pulse
    Price: $574.99US
    Shipping: Unknown

BigBadToyStore

Price: $774.99(US)
    Postage: Unknown but estimated could be around $400
    Downpayment: $155.00(US) (non-refundable)

RobotKingdom
    Price: $585.00(US)
    Postage: $250.00(US)
    Downpayment: $175.00(US). Full payment due when production is confirmed.

OhMyPrimus
    Price: $850.00(S)
    Postage: $110.00(S)
    Dowpayment: $80.00(S)

Collection.Toys
    Price: $869.99(US)
    Postage: Via EMS only and predicted to be very expensive
    Downpayment: Need to email them directly

TakaraTomyMall
    Price: ¥75,600
    Postage: TBA

The Chosen Prime
    Price: $774.99(US)
    Downpayment: $175(US)
    Postage: TBA

ToyBot Importz
    Price: $874.00(AU)
    Downpayment: Unknown but you get 5 months to pay it off.
    Postage: Unknown

TFS-Express
    Price: £599.00
    Downpayment: Option available
    Postage: Unknown

Zing
    Price: $848(AU)
    Downpayment: $100(AU)
    Postage: Free Pick-up in store!

Comparison of Prices in Aussie Dollars
    Hasbro Pulse - $834.17
    ZING/EB - $848
    Robot Kingdom - $848.69
    ToyBot Importz - $874.00
    OhMyPrimus - $901.11
    TTMall - $1010.32
    TFS-Express: $1072.03
    The Chosen Prime - $1124.31
    BBTS - $1124.31
    Collection.Toys - $1262.14

When you look at the comparison and then factor in delivery... we really do have an awesome price especially if you selected pick up in store

Orders for Unicron have just passed the 5000 mark. That includes 1500 from non-US customers.

Still need nearly a 1000 a day for the last remaining bit of time which seems a slim hope, but there is no denying that the amount of orders have shown a sharp increase over the last couple of days.