View Poll Results: Have/Will you be ordering Unicron?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I haven't and wont be

22 33.33%
  • I haven't but will be

3 4.55%
  • Undecided

7 10.61%
  • I've ordered 1

28 42.42%
  • I've ordered 2

6 9.09%
  • I've ordered 3+

0 0%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Poll: Will you be buying Unicron?

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    People worked out there was a bug on the site. It should be half that amount, so roughly 140% or 11200 orders.
    My 11,000 estimate was pretty close then!

Now that he’s a definite, I’ve started paying my pair off. I’d put a hundred bucks initial deposit on each and paid off another $50 each today. Figure if I do that every so often they should be paid off in plenty of time by whenever he appears in 2021

Does anyone know the height Unicrons planet mode will be when attached to the stand?

I know the diameter is meant to be about 85cm. Wondering how tall a shelf I would need to accomodate it

I have a minor issue. Unicron is not going to fit on the top shelf with my Titan Class figures. Honestly, I'm not even sure where Scorponok is going. Maybe I should figure out a way to suspend Unicron from the ceiling in planet mode and use him the menace all the other Transformers on the shelf.

I was thinking about this, There is obviously some sort of connection point for the stand when Unicron is on the stand. I wonder if the connection point is a locking connection, that is strong enough to support unicron if hanging from that point instead of sitting on it?

I'd be tempted to design a bracket to allow this, but my biggest fear would be that part of Unicron breaking away from the rest if it wasn't strong enough to support all that weight, quite a possibility. The only other way it might work is if there were some 'straps' attached to the bracket that wrapped around Unicron, spreading and sharing the weight load away from the joint, but then the straps would have to be a material that didn't damage the surface, or obscure it too much.

A unicron hanging from a suitably strong anchor point on the ceiling would look Awesome!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Does anyone know the height Unicrons planet mode will be when attached to the stand?

I know the diameter is meant to be about 85cm. Wondering how tall a shelf I would need to accomodate it
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I have a minor issue. Unicron is not going to fit on the top shelf with my Titan Class figures. Honestly, I'm not even sure where Scorponok is going.
    We are building the first set of shelving for my TF shed next month and I've had to change the design to accommodate Unicron. All other shelves in the shed will have 40cm clearance and the one for him and the other titans was going to be 80cm. Taking into account how high he will be in planet mode, I'm now having a shelf with a full metre clearance and 5 metres long. Reinforced steel too so it will easily accommodate the weight of two Unicrons and the rest of the titan-sized figures.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Maybe I should figure out a way to suspend Unicron from the ceiling in planet mode and use him the menace all the other Transformers on the shelf.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    A unicron hanging from a suitably strong anchor point on the ceiling would look Awesome!
    For myself I'd be constantly paranoid the anchors would break and he would fall to the concrete floor and smash

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    For myself I'd be constantly paranoid the anchors would break and he would fall to the concrete floor and smash
    It would have to be proper, either a dynabolt into concrete/brick or decent couple screws into wood behind the ceiling. maybe a couple of those fancy butterfly anchor things if you were going to hang it off plasterboard alone.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Ended up cancelling my preorder at Zing.