It all boils down to whether or not you're going to regret purchasing or regret skipping this toy. If you think that you're going to feel buyer's remorse then skip it. If you're going to feel, uh, skipper's remorse?... then get it. Sure beats paying some stupid scalper's above RRP later on.

"But what if I'm undecided?"
Then pre-order it from EB/Zing. Seriously. The great thing about pre-ordering from EB/Zing is that you are under no obligation to complete your purchase. You can change your mind at any time up until opening the damn toy. EB/Zing allow you to cancel at any time, even after the toy has arrived for you and any money that you've deposited will be refunded. Even after you purchase the toy and bring it home, as long as you haven't opened the toy and it's still a recent purchase, you can still bring it back and refund it. This is the great thing about pre-ordering/purchasing from a brick and mortar store; change of mind and refunds are so much easier! And really, you've got about 16 months to think about it; and at any time you can cancel your order.
(Source: I explicitly spoke with an EB employee about this)

But yeah, who cares if other people want to buy it or not? Unless you're a completist then we ALL selectively choose to purchase and not purchase specific toys. We all have our essential and non-essential purchases. I really want to get Siege Galactic Man but others couldn't care less. This is no different... aside from the massive price. But as I said, the EB/Zing option gives you the choice to reserve the toy now and change your mind later.