Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation Selects Turtler and Gulf (Snaptrap and Skalor) at Zing/EB

(Added mirrored images and extra details to the first post)

I just want people to know that the pre-order listings won't be up for much more than a week. (I think until Friday 23rd)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I hope the Seacon set isn't at the Titan price point, as those six would add up to AU$200 on their own, and Titans haven't been at that price since Metroplex. It would be an extra $100 just for being in the one box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Assuming these are Generations Select toys when released (or Takara Toy Store specials) they’ll probably cost as much as a titan to collect — at which point in one box would be a nicer way to get them.
    I'm still thinking a Titan release of Piranacon would have saved us money but wouldn't be waiting for one now

This would be an easier decision if they started with the three I really want (Overbite, Nautilator and Tentakil - the three Seacons I've had since 1988) instead of two I didn't have and don't have any affection for.

Preordered through EB!
    ...and cancelling my TakaraTOMY Mall order
    EB's price works out to be a bit dearer than TTM but the fact that I don't need to pay for or wait for shipping more than makes up for it.

Ordered!

I would prefer the Seacons to be cheaper, but it seems like it's a Takara Tomy issue, not EB Games gouging like they tend to do on occasion.

I'm ordering them too, but for those considering please note - they say (this may be bogus, given international releases in Generations Select were meant to be standardised across US and JP) it will be Japanese language instructions..... not an issue for me as I just use YouTube to learn how to transform things anyway. And also there is no guarantee that we'll see the remainder of the set here.

I suspect it depends on how strong the pre-orders are for these, and that every order counts
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I'm ordering them too, but for those considering please note - they say (this may be bogus, given international releases in Generations Select were meant to be standardised across US and JP) it will be Japanese language instructions..... not an issue for me as I just use YouTube to learn how to transform things anyway. And also there is no guarantee that we'll see the remainder of the set here.

I suspect it depends on how strong the pre-orders are for these, and that every order counts
    I honestly find japanese instructions easier to work with because the way the pictorials are done better than hasbro ones.

Well...that used to be the case but except in mp's I don't even bother anymore and mp manuals from the jp releases still work out better than pre hastak merger manuals

It's way too expensive, but I think in this case they can get away with it because there isn't a crap-ton of 3P offerings for these guys, really just the TFC ones. The TFC ones are pretty cool for what they are but the aesthetic is too techno-organic to fit with most things so...I guess I'm buying these.

If anyone needs anything translated just scan and post and either Tets, myself or any other Japanese speaking member can provide translations.

Hasbro hasn't asked me to do any of these translations although I've recently contacted them re-offering my services should they wish to take it. But in any case I'm still willing to do online translations. Obviously I can't do so until after the toys' release whereas when I work with Hasbro I'm able to do the translations many months in advance and you'll have the translated copies packed in with the toys. The other advantage of doing translations for Hasbro is that anyone can access the translations, not just OTCA members. But anyway, not my call. <shrugs>

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post

The moulds these are based on are very intuitive, I doubt you'll need instructions.

I'm not too fussed with this pricing.

1) Compared to some of the junk we've seen in the Cyberverse & movie lines the past few years & the poor value for money they represent - basically I'd rather pay more for these.

2) $60 for an imported deluxe / $100 for an imported voyager; you'd easily pay those sort of prices if you had to resort to eBay or the like on a wave that didn't hit Australia.

But hey, I really like the Combiner Wars line overall & so I'm thrilled they're doing the last team.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister