Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation Selects Turtler and Gulf (Snaptrap and Skalor) at Zing/EB

I got a call back from one of the stores. Sounds like ordering and the warehouse is still going. Kraken and Lobclaw are now due to arrive in the warehouse today along with Lio Convoy, so they should be in store next week.

Pretty much what I got told that around 25th is likely. Close.

I don't think we'll be seeing any of the items they had up for order in a hurry, TBH.

RK has just shipped Wave 3 of the Seacons. So I'll get Wave 2 and 3 from RK before Zing gets Wave 1. Again not fussed, but we may have to wait a lot longer to pick it up if they shut the stores for lockdown before they get it in.

They're estimating from around 10/4-22/4 now.

At this rate, it's probably fifty fifty chance GameStop/eb games/Zing goes bankrupt, or that retail stores are forced to close for corona restrictions. Take your pick as to which is more likely
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

If we miss out on Wave 1 we're up schitt's creek since as far as I can see it's sold out everywhere bar ebay. $300 shipped incl GST for Turtler and Gulf! Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Takara-T...IAAOSw6BpeeXza

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TAKARA-T...IAAOSwWk1eK2gZ

One solace to take is that retail stores are basically shutting down and workers are being stood down. Rent holidays also likely. So while that is awful for the staff it will hopefully enable EB/Zing to survive until they are able to reopen.

Also hopefully pre-orders can still be shipped from their warehouse since pick-up may no longer be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    RK has just shipped Wave 3 of the Seacons. So I'll get Wave 2 and 3 from RK before Zing gets Wave 1. Again not fussed, but we may have to wait a lot longer to pick it up if they shut the stores for lockdown before they get it in.
    Don't know how quickly they'll actually arrive. I've had a couple of RK orders effectively sat on the tarmac for a week now due to flight changes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Letter M View Post
    Don't know how quickly they'll actually arrive. I've had a couple of RK orders effectively sat on the tarmac for a week now due to flight changes.
    Interesting, Wave 2 arrived promptly a couple weeks ago but I guess things have slowed down since then.

My call to the Zing call centre just now did not inspire confidence. They said there is no fixed date so I guess they will just keep pushing things back a month at a time. Also click and collect orders do not have the system capability to be turned into delivery orders - the person gave no indication they would amend this if the stores are shut down.

If you do want to cancel your pre-order you have to go into the store despite having made the order online - just lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Interesting, Wave 2 arrived promptly a couple weeks ago but I guess things have slowed down since then.
    My MP19+ arrived quickly a couple of weeks ago from RK. I'm hoping my two orders leave HK at some point today. I'm guessing there's a bit of a queue with the reduced flights.

My call to the Zing call centre just now did not inspire confidence. They said there is no fixed date so I guess they will just keep pushing things back a month at a time. Also click and collect orders do not have the system capability to be turned into delivery orders - the person gave no indication they would amend this if the stores are shut down.
    The "Customer Service Heroes" don't really know much about what's going on, TBH. They need to talk to the buying team to work out what's happening.

If you do want to cancel your pre-order you have to go into the store despite having made the order online - just lovely.
    Yup. This is annoying. I ordered Lio Convoy through ZING and had fully paid up in store. Really want to cancel and order from elsewhere, but don't want to leave the house.